gtr's First Whole Pig - long and pron heavy.

Hohilicious! Great job.
So, what would you do differently on your 2nd one (if any)?

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
If that's you in the pic, you need feedin'.

Sounds and looks like great grub, wiwt.

• Thanks
Very cool! I also noticed that you were using the third fastest thermapen... Cause you know Red and Blue are the fastest. :p

• Thanks
It was a hell of a great gathering, with TONS of great food. The pig was awesome! The company was even better.

I am so jealous of your space and all your cookers! The good news is my wife saw that it could be way worse and will now permit me to build a UDS!

Can't wait to do it again!

Glad I could help with that! :thumb:

It really was great having y'all over - we will be doing this again soon!

Hohilicious! Great job.
So, what would you do differently on your 2nd one (if any)?

Actually the only thing I'll do differently next time is I'll get a bigger pig - I'm thinking 80#. Besides that, I wanna be a little more methodical about breaking it down - like pulling the ribs out intact, etc. I'm guessing there's a proper way to break down a pig & it's probably a good thing to know.

Great job! bravo... Seems like it was one hell of a party!

It really was. My lovely wife & I guess it was around 55 folks - a huge number of whom brought excellent food. :hungry:

If that's you in the pic, you need feedin'.

Sounds and looks like great grub, wiwt.

I'm actually a few pounds up from where I've been - I got my winter layer going and I'll be getting rid of it starting next week. :thumb:

Can I come next time?? Great cook! :clap:

Yes you can! Kind of a haul from where yer at, but we'll take ya!

Fantastic cook, and nice pig mask too. That sounds like a good time for everyone.

• Thanks
Farking outstanding! My new years party tomorrow night suddenly doesn't sound all that impressive. You California farkers have all the fun. :thumbup:

• Thanks
Greg,

Thanks for posting this. So sorry we couldn't make it...I would have much preferred being at your place enjoying those tasty goodies instead of being under the weather.

Looks like everything turned out great, and glad Matt, Chris, Ray and Marty were able to come as well.

Next time 4 sure!

Man that look really tender. Nice Job. :clap2::thumb::becky::clap2:

• Thanks
Back