Friday night

Wayne

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We decided to grill burgers Friday night. I went in and looked for something to spice up the meat a little and found a brand new jar of Spicewine Ironworks Gourmet Blend All Seasoning.

I then looked at the charcoal situation and found it t be poor. The only chaarcoal that I had was washed down the creek in a recent flash flood. I didn't want to go into town so I looked around the yard and found some grapevine that my wife and I removed from a tree last spring. I cut it into six inch sticks and loaded the chimney.

We had thawed some grass fed ground beef and seasoned it up with the Gourmet Blend. I cooked the burgers off on a Weber kettle over the grapevine. When they were just about medium rare I stacked each burger with some longhorn slices and continued to cook them till the cheese was milted well into the burgers. Then I put the buns on the grill and toasted them for a while and then put the burgers in the buns, and continued to smoke them a little in the closed Weber.

Whiile I did this the wife fixed baked taters and taboli salid. She also fixed some of my famous limeade. (Recipe: one can of frozen limeade and one two liter bottle of club soda. Better than Sonic.)

The meal went over so great that I ate two burgers. The only thing that I added to the burgers was some of my father-in-laws hamburger relish. No mustard, no tomato, no lettuce, and no pickles. They didn't need them. I even ate them so fast that I could not take any pron pictures.

Grilled burgers are not BBQ but they were sure good on a hot friday night.

Thanks Spicewine,

The way you described them, I could picture them in my mind enough to want one.

The burgers sound like they were great.

I have a small bottle of Spicewine Ironworks Gourmet Blend All Seasoning in the pantry but haven't used it yet. I might have to give it a try on a few burgers.

Burgers Rock!

Spicewine Ironworks Gourmet Blend All Seasoning Rocks!

Together they are almost amazing...

Sounds great Wayne. What would you reccomend adding to the limeaid to make them cherry?

Cherry Syrup of course

Sounds great Wayne. What would you reccomend adding to the limeaid to make them cherry?

Actually I think you can buy cherry limeade frozen, but any good quality cherry syrup should do the trick. That way you can adjust it to your taste. In a previous life I was a soda jerk in a soda fountain.

Back