tattoo goes gasket-less and cooks steak & peaches

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

so last weekend, tattoo decides to glue his gaskets together after a high temp cleaning burn. no worries, just remove the gasket and clean off the remaining adhesive with some acetone. :biggrin:

tattoogasketless1.jpg

tattoogasketless2.jpg

all clean and tattoo says, "come on daddy light my fire!" :biggrin:

tattoogasketless3.jpg

a gap at the hinge. we ain't scared!

primeny_peaches-014.jpg

let's get to cookin!

0.93 pound prime new york steak. oh yeah!
a little kosher salt & extra virgin olive oil.

primeny_peaches-009.jpg

tattoo says, "bring it, daddy! i'm ready!"

primeny_peaches-015.jpg

2 minutes, rotate 90 degrees, and 1 minute and flip!

primeny_peaches-016.jpg

o m g

primeny_peaches-017.jpg

pull and rest, covered till tattoo comes down to 400 after 27 minutes.
now roast with them green thangs!
asparagus tips with black pepper, kosher salt, and extra virgin olive oil.

primeny_peaches-028.jpg

pull at 125 degrees internal. maybe 6 or 7 more minutes

primeny_peaches-033.jpg

cover and let rest and start making dessert!

tattoo says, "i love you daddy!"
a nice firm peach. just beginning to soften...
a little extra virgin olive oil to keep from sticking.

primeny_peaches-037.jpg

food is definitely sexy! 8)

primeny_peaches-038.jpg

a little butter and brown sugar... and a cherry!

primeny_peaches-041.gif

is this looking ok yet?
drizzle some local honey on top!

primeny_peaches-046.jpg

commence to eatin that beef! tattoo stands proudly overhead... 8)

primeny_peaches-054.jpg

have a brew!

primeny_peaches-055.jpg

batman angle!

primeny_peaches-056.jpg

raise your hand if you think this was good! :biggrin:

primeny_peaches-058.jpg

primeny_peaches-061.jpg

can you still cook without a gasket?

tattoo says, "I CAN!" :biggrin:

i'm stuffed.

LOL You kill me Rick! Awesome Grub, Awesome Pics, and just the right amount of kick ass attitude...

Outstanding RTD... dessert was so creative and simple.

Each of your cooks inspires me to get outside to cook more during the week even when most nights are a blur of motion when we get home.

may need to take a 1/2 day vacation and just cook some lunch and dinner for myself and relax like that !!!

i read they are changing the design of the mini eggs to have a handle and hinge like the others. nice mods if it's true!

Peaches look xlnt! Try that same idea, only use figs, here in Ca. I can get them at the local farmers market, I dont know about in Ohio

Outstanding RTD... dessert was so creative and simple.

Each of your cooks inspires me to get outside to cook more during the week even when most nights are a blur of motion when we get home.

may need to take a 1/2 day vacation and just cook some lunch and dinner for myself and relax like that !!!

that really didn't take very long to cook, once tattoo was clean and put back together. being single and by myself has it's advantages, although you might find yourself taking to your eggs! :icon_clown

Peaches look xlnt! Try that same idea, only use figs, here in Ca. I can get them at the local farmers market, I dont know about in Ohio

figs instead of the cherries? they have figs down at the fancy market, but i've never tried them.........

That is one fine looking meal.... you never cease to amaze Rick..... Great Pron as allways......

thanks, guys!

i could only eat half that steak and one peach delight. guess what's for lunch tomorrow? :biggrin:

Wow that looks great, now I want a steak and a grilled peach.

No, use figs instead of peaches, while they are still hot put on top of a good vanilla ice cream

FARK.....................................................that's a beechen looking spread Rick!! :eusa_clap

I farking hate you Rick!!! And I mean that in the most endearing way possible!! I still don't know whats better with you the photography, or the cooking. :icon_blush:

Would the food look as good without the top notch photography? NO!!!! :mad:
Would the photos look as good without the top notch culinary skills? NO!!! :mad:

Like I said.........I hate you!!!:twisted:

Great looking food! Very inspiring pictures!! :eusa_clap

Now I have to stop and buy steaks on the way home tonight...

Damn you all!!!!!! :mad:

:grin:

rick, that must be one heck of a camera, great pics and good looking grub.
you have my vote anytime :p:p:p

Great looking food, great looking pics, great details - could not ask for any more. Thanks

Sitting here making my list for sams tomorow. looks like you just cost me another 40.00. I have to quit looking at this site at work lol.

Rick, that was a wonderful story with pictures, the food looks absolutely perfect.

But I'm a little concerned over your use of what appears to be a S T A I N L E S S Steel utensils and what looked like Ceramic Dishes, I didn't notice the "Dixie" logo on either of them..............What's up with that???

AS ALWAYS EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT!!!

Back