Almost the bride--Fulton contest

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With BBII off trout fishing and BB involved with his sons's prom, T and I took off for our first contest as a twosome. What a learning experieince! The two of use are responsible for the pork and brisket when we cook as a foursome, this time we've got all four catagories.
We spent a lot of attention to details on the chicken and ribs, and it paid off. I didn't with the pork and brisket and the results showed it. Prepping the ribs and chicken threw me off from paying attention to details like laying out the butts and brisket to warm up some and pit temp, then cooking spares and baby backs with different timings of going into the pit caused excessive door opening.....anyway....I screwed up what could have been the ultimate perfect day.....They only called top 5, and didn't call by team name but by who the check was made out to, so if there is more results I'll be happy to add....

Chicken
The Diddler and T
1st place
Natural Born Grillers
4th place

Ribs
The Diddler and T
1st place
Natural Born Grillers
2nd place

Pork
Great Grills
5th place

Brisket
Great Grills
1st place

GC
Great Grills
RGC
Smokin' Os

Yep.....3rd place for the Diddler.....consistancy puts you in the running for overall, so you can see that we definitely didn't have that! We were both ends of the spectrum!! I was so disappointed in myself....:sad:

Congrats to Mark and Becky!!

It was great to meet River City and Chipole Pat and look forward to cooking against you all again....next time maybe I can visit more!

Congrats, Gary! Good job! It's tough when there are fewer of you no doubt.

Question though... you and T are responsible for the two "overnight meats" and BB and BBII cook the "short cook" meats? That ain't fair! :lol:

Congrats, Gary! Good job! It's tough when there are fewer of you no doubt.

Question though... you and T are responsible for the two "overnight meats" and BB and BBII cook the "short cook" meats? That ain't fair! :lol:

Kick has to be up overnight. That's the only time he has to diddle!

Congrats on a great cook!

WTG Bro Kick!

That first one with a different team composition is a bitch for sure.
I did Dothan, AL last year alone except for my 14 Y/O nephew who had never been around a smoker before :lol:
LOTS to remember all by yourself! :oops:
Sure missed Chad.

Congrats on pulling it off!

TIM

Congrats, good job working short handed and all. Kind of like a baseball team who forgot the left fielder. The next full team cook will seem so much easier for you.

WOW! Congratulations!!!! Gary and Teresa.
We am very happy for you both.

Great job, brother! Like we discussed on the phone - you know what you need to do!

Way to go guys - Gary and T - and Great Grills. Congrats!!

Kick - it's A LOT more work with just 2 of you isn't it!!

Way to go guys - Gary and T - and Great Grills. Congrats!!

Kick - it's A LOT more work with just 2 of you isn't it!!

Oh MAN!! Is it ever! :eek: You definitely need to have a system in place before hand, that's for sure.....I don't know how Will Deal BBQ out of KS does it by himself....

Does anyone happen to know who took 3rd in pork? I work with someone who said someone they knew took 3rd but they don't have any idea what their team name is.

Back