A few Sausages

Haveuseen1?

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday turned out to be a nice day to make a few sausages. I use the AC Legg seasonings for quite a few reasons. One I really like them, and two they are made right here in Alabama!

Made the following: Venison Brats, Zesty Italian, and Cajun.
Used my Lem #8 grinder, 15# stuffer, and natural hog casings.

Will Vac Pac tonight when I get home.

Attachments

• Sausage6.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 150
  • Sausage7.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 147
The only reason that matters is that you like them....

Any other reason is just icing on the cake....

They are pretty easy. I make the Venison Brats frequently and we really like them. Coarse ground 4 pounds of venison, coarse ground 2.5 pounds of pork butt, and 1/2 pound pork fat. I then use the AC Legg #104 Bratwurst seasoning at .44 ounces per pound. So I used 3.08 ounces. I add an ounce of water per pound, and then mix until sticky. That is about 2 minutes. Add to Stuffer and put in 32mm casings.

For the Zesty Italian ( AC Legg 100 ) , and Cajun ( AC Legg 110 ) I ground up 5.5 pounds of pork butt, and 1/2 pound of pork fat. Then I add .48 ounces of seasoning per pound with 1 ounce of water per pound and stuff into 32mm casings.

I have also used their polish seasoning, and I have their chorizo although I have yet to try it. I also use their breakfast sausage which is #10 very frequently. That one I do add some crushed red pepper to, as I like my breakfast sausage a little spicy.

If you are having issues with your images not displaying try changing them to 800x600 and uploading them again. I found this out the hard way.

Hmm, I have never had a pic issue before. Maybe it is my work computer?

Attachments

• Sausage6.JPG
    Sausage6.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 49
uploaded pics have been having issues the past couple days...you are not alone.

I am guessing the pic issue started today. I have never had an issue either. It took me 30 minutes of testing to figure it out. It would not work from my phone, my laptop or my work computer. Then I read somewhere on this site where it states jpg files must be 800x600 or lower.

Back