Time to make some sausage!

Just a note for the Scotchmen among us (me included): for all books of this type I strongly recommend obtaining it from your library and reading it first and only then considering whether to buy it. If your library doesn't have it in its collection inquire about interlibrary loan. It's usually free, works just great!

seattlepitboss

That book is a classic IMO. I've had good success with the things I've made out of there and his kielbasa recipe has been my go-to for a while now.

Funny you say that.. My new LEM stuffer should arrive Monday, and That kielbasa recipe is going to be my first attempt at sausage. Followed immediately by some andouille and summer sausage. Really looking forward to it. Pretty much everyone is getting bacon and sausages for Christmas this year.

Funny you say that.. My new LEM stuffer should arrive Monday, and That kielbasa recipe is going to be my first attempt at sausage. Followed immediately by some andouille and summer sausage. Really looking forward to it. Pretty much everyone is getting bacon and sausages for Christmas this year.

Whoo Hoo! Meat for Christmas!:clap2: Need my address?

Thank you! I'm a book nut, so I will definitely put these on my list

Got the Kutas book - Good stuff!

Thanks for the info on the others.

How do you like the LEM stuffer? I have their grinder #22 but went with a Weston stuffer 11#
SD

I'll let you know, should be here Monday or Tuesday. Bought the grizzly 5lb first, but it's out of stock everywhere, so I splurged and bought the one I really wanted in the first place..

Ok, so to answer your question, smoke dawg, I love the LEM stuffer. This thing is a tank! Really nicely built, heavy duty, easy to use. I totally recommend it. Today was my first attempt at sausage making.. Brethren member GSXR and I Made 10lbs kielbasa, 5lbs Italian, 5lbs andouille, 6 lbs pepperoni (will be cooked) and we had no problems at all. I found that it would be pretty damn easy to stuff sausages all by yourself with this unit. 5 stars. I know, I don't really have anything to compare to, but I still love it!

Here's a gratuitous sausage shot -

We drove downtown today and picked up bellies and butts for bacon and sausage, but I neglected to get any pics. :( suffice it to say, I have another 50lbs of bacon curing in the basement aux fridge. Pork - it's what's for Christmas.

Great job...... Looks very tasty.

A good stuffer is a great tool that helps the process of making sausage a lot easier.

I concur with Shagdog. Lem worked great! I know what I want for my birthday. We'll be getting our smoke on today. The samples of sausage we tried turned out fantastic. We learned quite a few tips and tricks.

Back