Breakfast this morning: Biscuits & Gravy.

JazzyBadger

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Decided to make some biscuits and gravy for the family this morning.

Took some breakfast sausage I had made up from the freezer, thawed it out, and threw it on Lil' Spidey with some apple chunks (more like chips, just emptied the bag into there so I could move onto the next one):
DSC03804.jpg

Made the biscuits out of rendered pork fat, this is the stuff that tastes like pork, not stuff I'd recommend for fruit pie crusts, but perfect for some biscuits and gravy!
DSC03800.jpg

Fatty done:
DSC03805.jpg

When it was resting the biscuit dough was chilled enough from the refrigerator, so I pulled out my pastry mat, and rolled it out:
DSC03806.jpg

Used a coffee cup to cut out the biscuits, threw them on a baking sheet, and baked them at 450º for 12 minutes:
DSC03809.jpg

Used the pan drippings from the fatty, added some butter, and made a roux:
DSC03807.jpg

Added the milk, salt, and pepper, crumbled the sausage once it was properly thickened, and threw it in; Gravy is MADE!!
DSC03808.jpg

Made some coffee:
DSC03810.jpg

Breakfast is served!
DSC03811.jpg

DSC03813.jpg

Thanks for looking.

A hearty thumbs up for a fine-looking breakfast and your press pot method of brewing coffee.

Looks delicious! The calorie count would probably give me nightmares though. It's a shame the best foods have the most calories.

One of my all time favorite things to make. That looks super super good!

Well according to your coffee mug........you did!
That looks like it was real tasty

Biscuits and gravy are my favorite breakfast food. Usually sausage or bacon gravy. Pulled pork gravy is now on my radar! And yes the only thing missing is my plate!

Back