45 day dry aged ribeye on the kettle (pics)

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I used the Umai dry age bags to dry age a choice ribeye subprimal for 45 days. I trimmed and portioned out steaks and I froze them. Today I wanted to do some steaks up, so i pulled them out and did them on the kettle. I also did sauteed onions, grilled zucchini and squash and roasted potatos.

Had the potatos on for a while, did the veggies up while I had the ribeyes going for a reverse sear.
QvK6yPv.jpg

Plated pictures. Had some french onion dip on the potatos (great suggestion by the roommate)
yAI3U5E.jpg

Sliced the steak in half and was greeted by this
KPQx3Px.jpg

Gratuitous fork shot. You can see where I let one side go a little bit too long but still ended up with a great steak.
mo9Atkf.jpg

Thanks for looking.

As good as that looks I can only imagine the taste.
45 days dry aged sure added some great flavor I'd bet

As good as that looks I can only imagine the taste.
45 days dry aged sure added some great flavor I'd bet

The dry age gave the steak a super beefy flavor. My friends said that it was better than steaks from restaurants around this area. I was really surprised and very flattered they gave me that compliment.

Ageing is the key to good tasting beef.
Looking at your other cooks I can tell you're not one who goes shy on good flavor

Ageing is the key to good tasting beef.
Looking at your other cooks I can tell you're not one who goes shy on good flavor

Good food enhances good times with friends, and I like having friends over to hangout. Tonight I couldn't have them hangout as long because I work overnight. So after dinner and cleanup they went out to the bars.

That steak looks like crap. It was probably bad for you. Please send the rest to me for proper disposal.

Alright, yeah, it all looks great!

That looks delicious!!! What's an Umai dry age bag?

It is a bag that allows you to dry age in a regular fridge instead of having a dedicated dry aging fridge etc.

So far I have done a NY Strip Subprimal for 30 days and a Ribeye Subprimal for 45 days.

http://www.drybagsteak.com/

That is the link to them. They are kind of neat.

That looks incredible. What type of sealer do you have? I have a Foodsaver V3840 which stated on their site that a channel auto sealer may be difficult if not impossible to use. If this is true I would need another sealer.............:twitch: That steak would have to be out of this world for that to fly in my house. I also see they have bags for beef tenderloin. Now that's what I'm talking about.................:thumb:

That looks Great I have considered getting that set up to dry age I may have to do this

That looks incredible. What type of sealer do you have? I have a Foodsaver V3840 which stated on their site that a channel auto sealer may be difficult if not impossible to use. If this is true I would need another sealer.............:twitch: That steak would have to be out of this world for that to fly in my house. I also see they have bags for beef tenderloin. Now that's what I'm talking about.................:thumb:

I have the Foodsaver V2450. Sealing the bag is a little bit tricky since you have to use the vac-mouse they provide to seal the bag properly.

Back