rest time for ribs....

Wager

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
ok guys. after reading through the brisket thread it got me wondering about the smaller meats, ribs in particular. how long do you guys typically rest your ribs? I really don't rest for more than 10 minutes but my tenderness scores seem to be kind of up and down and I was wondering if you guys felt a longer rest for the ribs would even that out a little.

I intentionally slightly over-cook mine, with as close to zero rest time as possible, I'm opening them up, slicing, a quick taste to make sure they're not skunky, put in the box and RUN RUN RUN....

• Thanks
Reactions: Dex
I intentionally slightly over-cook mine, with as close to zero rest time as possible, I'm opening them up, slicing, a quick taste to make sure they're not skunky, put in the box and RUN RUN RUN....
Same procedure here...mine come off with enough time to slice, test and turn in.

Unless I'm behind schedule in getting them done, I rest them for about 10 minutes. If I am runing behind, I crank up the heat and take them off at the absolute last second with no rest time.

My ribs have about a 20 minute window for done time. Sometimes at the beginning of that window and sometimes at the end of the window. I add a 10 minute safety time to it. So 30 minutes to 10 minutes sitting depending on when done. Keith

No rest time for us. Glaze, pull, slice, have Bob test taste and burn his mouth, box and turn it. I want them as warm as possible when judged.

When I competed, there was very little rest time. Really just enough time to glaze and box.

I guess sauce time would be my rest time. No rest out of the pit, unless they were just done early.

Back