View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #187
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJ View Post
I'll leave you with some wisdom that Amy Mills of 17th Street BBQ recently shared with me. "Always keep in mind that the loudest voices you will often hear are the bloggers and food critics and they set the tone in many corners of the country. You must be able to distinguish their {louder} voices from the voices of your actual customers."

Again, best of luck!
Here is why I say that you will do better with a Southern Pride, some sleep and the ability to get out and talk, than with a stickburner, and no time or sleep. If you can get out there, either at the register or at tableside, and talk with your customers, you will develop a relationship and they will tell you what you need to hear. But, Bloggers and Yelpers cannot be ignored, they do have a loud voice, and can really be an aid in driving business to you. Buzz matters.

Most folks will tell you what they think you want to hear, unless you get out there and say 'hey, I am the guy who cooked your food, please, tell me what you think, be honest and let me know, I want to be the best BBQ around'.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->