Shrimps and Scallops on the Barbie!

A most Awesome dinner!!! It all looked sooo perfect. Well Done Folks!.....but....thrustmaster?:shock:

Nice!!!
Can you share your bella recipe please? Wifey would like me to do scallops/seafood dinner for Easter Sunday. Heck I have never cooked scallops before.
I will do my best.

Fantastic birthday meal, Michele! Did you use the Akorn?

Not this time, everything (shrimp, scallops, mushrooms and asparagus) was done hot and fast so we used the kettle since we are used to it. I honestly keep getting flashbacks of Guerry on fire everytime I look at the Akorn :shock:. We didn't want to take any chances on Shawn's birthday but we do have a nice leg of lamb that we plan to cook on the
Akorn for Easter dinner.

A most Awesome dinner!!! It all looked sooo perfect. Well Done Folks!.....but....thrustmaster?:shock:

I know, right? :heh:

Nice!!!
Can you share your bella recipe please? Wifey would like me to do scallops/seafood dinner for Easter Sunday. Heck I have never cooked scallops before.
I will do my best.

I usually use a homemade vinagrette to marinade mushrooms in, even if I'm not cooking them. For salads I slice them and add a little vinegar and olive oil to soften them up a bit and give them a pop of flavor. That's all we did to these. Rinse, dry, Shawn picked out the balsamic because he loved the flavor and just enough olive oil to coat. A dash of salt, let them sit for 30 minutes or so then directly over the fire for a few minutes per side. Very easy, very tasty! They just don't need anything else to make them wonderful, like asparagus. All they got was a drizzle of olive oil, salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
You've never cooked scallops? Wow! They are easy, just like shrimp, they cook very quickly so you go hot N fast whether you're grilling or searing. I personally like doing them on the grill because they produce quite a bit of liquid as they cook. The liquid goes right through the grates on the grill so you can get a beautiful sear and some smoke. I use a nice sized cooling rack with foil under it to take them to the grill, remove the foil and put the rack directly over the fire. Use tongs to turn them on the cooling rack. They only took about 2 minutes per side. Then have a bowl ready to put them in because the smaller ones get done faster (duh). You can do it though, I have faith in you! The marinade I used is pretty darn good too. Simple and very flavorful.

I'm jealous! Looks like y'all had a great meal and a fantastic time - nice work! :clap2:

Very nice. Gotta try those on the Santa Maria pit. That or just adopt me! Really, I am only 16 years old..... a very hard 16 years. :)

Back