Grillin on the Bay - Update - Teams.

B

BrooklynQ

We want to thank everyone of our competitors for Grillin' on the Bay – NYC's first sanctioned BBQ contest. Thanks to all of them we now have 14 teams competing in a first year event! This is outstanding. We only conceived of this contest during the first week of February and now not only is Grillin' on the Bay sanctioned by the New England BBQ Society, but has been proclaimed NYC's official BBQ contest by Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz.

In no particular order except the pile of papers on my desk, the teams as of this writing are:
Sir Sauce A lot
Purple Turtle Catering
Cockeye BBQ
Smokey Mike's Brooklyn BBQ
Beer Belly Porkers
Smokin Dave's Tailgate Party
Big Island BBQ
BBQ Brethren/Brothers in Smoke
Righteous Urban BBQ
Front Street Smoke House (Bruce Kain)
Water Front Ale House
South Shore Smokers (Sledneck)
Josh Orzensky BBQ (Mr. Cutlets)
BS BBQ

If anyone is still interested in competing, we can still take a couple of more teams. Check out the information at www.stmarksports.org or send an email to grillin@stmarksports.org. Remember, results of this event will be included in calculations for NEBS team of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
look forward to the event. It will be my first live action competition. If anyone needs a hand setting up, fabricating meat or taste testing :tongue: let me know.

Rockaway - Please make sure you track me and Matt down. It'll be great to meet another Brethren.

Back