• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Panini Press

Smoothsmoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a great panini press? I need something good to make paninis/cuban sandwiches. I was looking at this cast iron press by Lodge, but not confident that the press carries enough weight.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Logic-Pre-Seasoned-Rectangular-Cast-Iron/dp/B00063RXNI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Rectangular Cast-Iron Grill Press: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I've just used another cast iron pan and put my weight into it, but since then I got a Cuisinart griddler which I like a lot. But if I were to do it again I would get their fancier model because I believe that the cooking surfaces come off for easier cleaning.

I also have the one pitboss has. It's cool it has panini and flat panels you can switch out. I like it a lot. Real easy to clean as well. Not cast iron though.

I'm a cheater... I have a George Forman electric one that has removable dishwasher friendly grates. It has a very heavy top piece and works great as a panini press. I have the GRP92R

Awesome!

Breville-Panini-Press.jpg

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/breville-panini-press/?pkey=e|panini%2Bpress|7|best|0|1|24||1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

I am looking at a sandwich press myself.... Would a grooved one or a flat press be
be better ??

I also have the one pitboss has. It's cool it has panini and flat panels you can switch out. I like it a lot. Real easy to clean as well. Not cast iron though.

So you like this unit, I have one just like it and haven't really used it much, think it's time to dig it out.

Would a grooved one or a flat press be
be better ??
i have a flat one, Breville (forgot the model, it was around $200 if i remember correctly) - i don't care for the grill marks.
Much, much easier to clean than the ribbed one, makes perfect cuban sandwiches..

I have the Lodge cast iron sandwich press, and it does not have the weight to do a panini on it's own. I recently used it to make a cuban sandwich with crusty bread, and I had to help it out.

My parents have a Cuisinart Gridler, and they love it.

CD

I've just used another cast iron pan and put my weight into it, but since then I got a Cuisinart griddler which I like a lot. But if I were to do it again I would get their fancier model because I believe that the cooking surfaces come off for easier cleaning.

Yes, they do. And, they have two surfaces, flat and ridged.

CD

I have a griddler as well. While it does not have that much heft to it, the handle makes it easy to provide leverage to get it as flat as you want it. It also unfolds to two cooking surfaces for whatever reason if you wanted to use it for pancakes or whatever instead of the stove. Tuna melts on the griddler = awesome.

we just use ci pans works perfectly. i think test kitchen said don't bother with the machines. just me, i'm cheap.

DSC05126a.jpg

I use the ribbed side of my griddle on the bottom, and a skillet on top. I guess I could put a brick or something in the skillet for more weight, but my sammies are not real thick.

DSC05128a.jpg

Back