Anything But....

backyardchef

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
ribs, brisket, pork and chicken (thighs)....

When not cooking the 'big 4', but still looking for something like that.... what is your fave go-to meat to cook for a special occasion where you get to show your skills....? I love Prime Rib......

Attachments

• Prime_Rib_sm.jpg
    Prime_Rib_sm.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 287
Might be sausage

Photo1-30.jpg

But short ribs are climbing up the list fast - they may already be at the top.

shortribcut.jpg

That is some gorgeous PR right there sir! :clap:

Can I have that PR and shorties?!?! DANG GUYS!!!! Sorry gtr, just couldn't bring myself to ask for your sausage!!!!! But did you thread that shorty cook? Mine are good, but yours look BANGIN'!

Burgers and ATBs. I stuff my Jalapa with goat and cheddar, then wrap in bacon. Awesome. Then save a couple to put on my burger. Awesomex2

If I can't do any of those I like to serve my friends and neighbors a grilled Romaine Salad with BACON and Blue Cheese crumbles and dressing, along with a small BACON, Lettuce and Tomato sammich on HomeMade Sourdough bread.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 252
Those all look good!

But, other meats, dudes! Sausage, Short Ribs, Turkey, Duck......ya know. The other stuff you thrown in the smoker to say, I'm not 'just' BBQ......That stuff!

ETA: Some of you obviously got what I meant....Thanks!

Last edited:
Turkey or game birds.
Brisket or Steak Burgers with cheese and home made bacon on Ciabatta buns.
Appetizers--stuffed mushrooms, "deconstructed" BLT in pastry shells, ceviche seafood, etc.
Ribeye Steak or Prime Rib.
BLT's with home cured bacon on Ciabatta buns.
Side's--Keri's or Myron's beans. Burgundy Mushrooms

I like to have FUN while "showing off" :grin:

TIM

Meatloaf on the pit is awesome, IMO changes the expectations in regards to the dish. I also like to roll cut a boneless pork loin (not the little tenderloin) and stuff with different things depending on the guest list.

Back