Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin on the Bay - Deale, MD 9/1-9/2

Southern Maryland Smokers is in with our sponsor for this event St Marys County Elks Lodge.

We'll be there. Are they fishing again this year on Friday? I had planned on coming down early......

I'm not a competitor yet, but would like to stop and meet some of you. Went last year and it looked like a pretty nice event for a first time.

Kurt

Pigheaded BBQ will be there. I heard so many good things about last year. We had to try this one.

Psychedelic Smoke will be there. Sending in the application today.

Just talked to an organizer yesterday, and this sounds like a great contest. In fact, we're planning to come down on Friday....a little earlier than we'd typically arrive. I was told they hope to get over 70 teams.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

I am trying to learn as much as possible in advance of getting into competitions next year.

If any team is looking for a gopher/helper/dishwasher for this event please PM me. I am looking to learn the basics of BBQ comp and won't be offended if I am asked to leave during the secret part of the cook. :cool: I live in Sterling VA and have a pickup so I can assist with hauling supplies from that area to Deale. Also, I am off on the Friday before the event. I am familiar with the Deale area and have nearby accommodations for me to get a couple of hours of sleep.

I do have over 25 years of BBQ experience so I am not a total noob. Just let me know if anyone needs help.

PM Sent
I am trying to learn as much as possible in advance of getting into competitions next year.

If any team is looking for a gopher/helper/dishwasher for this event please PM me. I am looking to learn the basics of BBQ comp and won't be offended if I am asked to leave during the secret part of the cook. :cool: I live in Sterling VA and have a pickup so I can assist with hauling supplies from that area to Deale. Also, I am off on the Friday before the event. I am familiar with the Deale area and have nearby accommodations for me to get a couple of hours of sleep.

I do have over 25 years of BBQ experience so I am not a total noob. Just let me know if anyone needs help.

We were planning on going, just not going to be able to swing it though.

We will be there judging on Sunday, but will also be there on Saturday. Hope to stop by and chat with some you all on Saturday. (rules say we can't fraternize on turn in day)

Anybody know of any good places to eat around the area? Seafood that is.

wallace

Anybody know of any good places to eat around the area? Seafood that is.

Skippers is nearby and is pretty decent. Great atmosphere if you sit outside. Peetie Greens is also nearby, food is good, but it's a little dark inside.

Skippers is nearby and is pretty decent. Great atmosphere if you sit outside. Peetie Greens is also nearby, food is good, but it's a little dark inside.

Skippers is good, at least last time I went a few years back.

Back