New inlaid BGE handle for a special guy

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Wonder who this is for???

mountedonbracket.jpg

Mountedonegg2.jpg

I'm having so much fun.....

BBQ and woodworking. Two of my favorite things to do!

That looks pretty sweet Marty!! I still got your handles on my wish list, hopefully work picks up this spring and I can pop on a couple of those bad boys!

Looks great Marty! Congrats Ray!

You keep enhancing those handles and I'll need to get another cooker so I can get another handle!:wink:

Looks great Marty! Congrats Ray!

You keep enhancing those handles and I'll need to get another cooker so I can get another handle!:wink:

If you get another cooker, you are going to have to buy the house behind you and demolish it to get a bigger back yard.... You already have a BBQ showcase.... :) But I totally support the idea!

I am thinking give it a couple three days and move it to the VF section.

Looks great, is that tiger maple, or did you somehow put all the figure in the wood.

I have been thinking about making one for my XL BGE. I too partake in both bbq and woodworking.I don't like the feel, its too thin for my big hands. An XL BGE should have an extra large handle in my opinion.

I was checking out your site, I like the way you overlap the metal bracket and hide the screws on the XL BGE handle, nice little bit of re-engineering there!!!

Looks great, is that tiger maple, or did you somehow put all the figure in the wood.

I have been thinking about making one for my XL BGE. I too partake in both bbq and woodworking.I don't like the feel, its too thin for my big hands. An XL BGE should have an extra large handle in my opinion.

I was checking out your site, I like the way you overlap the metal bracket and hide the screws on the XL BGE handle, nice little bit of re-engineering there!!!

I have always called that quilted maple but .... I know there are many names for the same wood.

Beautiful. Maple is my favorite wood. Love how it looks and sounds on my drums, and how it smells in my smoker!

Anyone know how I can make Dr. BBQ my primary care physician? :becky:

Your handles are true works of art, Marty. Nicely done! :clap:

It looks great Marty! Thanks. I can't wait to get it on my Egg :)

Thanks Ray! It was fun to kind of push the limits for me on these inlays. I am really happy with the result and I hope you are too.

Back