Some Beef Cheek Nachos

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was inspired by Hoss' post about pulled pork nachos http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126017&highlight=Hoss but couldn't find any PP in my freezer... I had some beef cheek meat that I keep on hand for quick cooks...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119037

Thank you Hoss! :grin:

I topped some chips with the beef cheek meat and minced peppers and scallions...

b807eaef-1.jpg

topped with asadero cheese and into the smoker....

f88c963d-1.jpg

9faf1398-2.jpg

e0a6de9d-1.jpg

Used my favorite Hula Girl Jalapeno sauce and some new chipotle habanero that I had not tried before... I like both of them.

cb3a2b70-1-1.jpg

It was pretty tasty! :)

5334b5b9-1.jpg

Thank you again Hoss it was a quick, tasty supper for me and I loved it! :grin:

Thanks for looking!

sorry about the big Hula Girl pic... I can't seem to get it smaller!

Beef cheeks?! That blows my little pulledpork snack OUTTA DA WATER!!! :clap2: BTW,love the blog!

Thanks Bob!!:grin:
Hoss Thanks again for giving me the idea. Also..thanks for checking out my blog, it's my diary. lol

Jason, thanks, I guess you can tell I love beef cheeks! :becky:

Thank you John and Rob!
I wish I had some for a midnight snack tonight. :grin:

I love love love nachos! I've never tried cheek meat though - not for any reason, just haven't been around it. I'd definitely hit some though from the looks of yer pix! :hungry:

I've never had beef cheeks, but I'd be up for giving yours a try Jeanie... Looks like a great meal. :mrgreen:

You always have great uses for those cast iron pots of yours. I've never really cooked with them before. But it's always cool to see a new way to use them. Great lookin nachos!

Very cool. I was just talking about beef cheek yesterday. I may be opening a restaurant later this year. If I do, I want to do some specials using beef cheek. Nice job.

Looks seriously good to me!:hungry:

I haven't tried those sauces before. Gonna have to look into those. Love jalapeno sauce.

Thank you friends! They took on the smoke well and were pretty tasty. :grin:

Phu.... you made me spit my drink out! lol

Thanks RevZilla, Al, Paula, George and Gary!

I love love love nachos! I've never tried cheek meat though - not for any reason, just haven't been around it. I'd definitely hit some though from the looks of yer pix! :hungry:
Greg I hope you try it sometime. The meat reminds me of beef short ribs...really rich and tender. Thanks Greg... :)

You always have great uses for those cast iron pots of yours. I've never really cooked with them before. But it's always cool to see a new way to use them. Great lookin nachos!
Thank you Joe, I love my cast iron stuff. :becky:

Very cool. I was just talking about beef cheek yesterday. I may be opening a restaurant later this year. If I do, I want to do some specials using beef cheek. Nice job.

Ryan that would be great!! Wish I lived close enough to try your restaurant... I might need to take a road trip. Thanks! :grin:

Thanks Deepsouth and Chris! :thumb:

Back