• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Outdoor Kitchen

cowboyupbbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've been building an outdoor kitchen this summer and am thinking of a way to store lump charcoal for the egg. Any ideas? Also, any other ideas or tips from those with experience?

Thanks,

Eric

Last edited:
Any sort of containter that is water tight. A trash can with a tight fitting lid, or in a cabinet.

+1 on the kingsford charcoal caddy. I have two of those and they work great.

Any sort of containter that is water tight. A trash can with a tight fitting lid, or in a cabinet.

how far along in the build are you

I've been working on a simple design and have concluded I woudl like nice big cabinet space where I can store all my outdoor utensils, serving dishes, lighters, wire brushes, cutting boards, rags, etc in plastic bins under the counter for easy access, and cut down having to run into the house. I use the black kingsford containers with the blue lids for my open supply of charcoal (avialble at home depot) one for kingsford and one for lump, and the unopened bags go in a large storage bin or the garage.

+ on the kinsford container, thats what i get keeps it dry is light and portable, and clear. Store under a shelf easily, Just dont let it sit too close to your hot grill:icon_blush: :doh:

'Bucket Brigade'

I guess I've been going 'Low-Tech'... I keep my 'Lumps' in 5 gallon buckets with lids.
(I've got a bunch of them) No problems yet.

Last edited:
If you look around, you can find dog food containers that are almost identical to the Kingsford container, but alos roll on casters.

Personally, I use bins with hinged lids from Bed, Bath and Beyond that are intended for recycling.

Back