A Little Meat Loaf (with Pron)

1_T_Scot

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just a Meat loaf, 2lbs ground chuck, Garlic, Onion, Red Bell pepper, Ground pepper, an Egg and Some Oatmeal. I never make it the same twice.

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

And 2 sweet potatoes and a regular Potato for my wife.

photo3-1.jpg

Still got a ways to go. Thanks for looking.

Looking good there, love a meatloaf. Sweet taters too.

And what might that little meat patty above the pan be? A pit master's snack maybe?

Looks good. Meatloaf on the grill is the best, I don't think I could really enjoy it out of an oven again.

And what might that little meat patty above the pan be? A pit master's snack maybe?

That would be the picky ones burger. I was going to make a meat loaf without onion and pepper but just decided to make a burger.:heh:

Meat loaf all done. It was really good!! I too don't make meat loaf in this Oven thing that you guys refer too.

photo-1.jpg

More Iphone Pics sorry for the quality I was left unsupervised but, my wife took the camera to a baby shower.

I love meat loaf on the smoker! As said its the only way to do it. Not sure if you have ever tried using parchment paper instead of a pan, but I feel it reduces the greasiness and comes out even better IMO. Vince

Hi Vince
I never thought of trying Parchment paper. To line the pan? or just under the meatloaf? I did think about freezing it then putting it on with no pan or anything.

No just use the paper under the meat and put it right on the grate. Here's a pic from the last one I did. Vince
brisket036.jpg

brisket038.jpg

That looks tasty! I love smoked meatloaf. Hadn't thought of the parchment paper idea. Here's another option for going panless (Frogmats):

IMG_6964.jpg

For meat loaf, they work nice cause they expose all sides of the loaf to smoke.

Looking good Scot!
I use aluminium containers which I poke some holes in the bottom with a knive.
This way the juices can drip out of the container.

IMG_2991.jpg

Thanks for all of the Meatloaf additions guys! They all look awesome.

PS The Meatloaf is all gone already!

Quick question for the meatloaf aficionados....they look great and I'm intrigued as all get out. However, I'm trying to do a low carb thang...Anyone tried doing without the bread/breadcrumbs/oatmeal in the mix? If so, how did it turn out?

Thanks in advance!

Bruce

Quick question for the meatloaf aficionados....they look great and I'm intrigued as all get out. However, I'm trying to do a low carb thang...Anyone tried doing without the bread/breadcrumbs/oatmeal in the mix? If so, how did it turn out?

Thanks in advance!

Bruce

I've forgot to put it in before, came out fine. Not as good looking as some of the above, but was good.

Not to hijack, but check foodnetwork.com. They have a really good low-carb one. A.K.A. if you ran out of croutons or bread crumbs you can make the low-carb verson.

I have made it both ways. If you don't use a filler make sure not to pack it too much just lightly form it. If you pack it in a loaf pan it will be really dense and almost "Hard".

Back