THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twisted Martini

Knows what a fatty is.
These things are taking way longer than I planned...diced up about 7 potatoes, hit em with some EVOO and herbs, then on the Egg at 350 in a roasting pan indirect. 90 min later and some are done, some are still touch. I finally through them in the oven at 400 to finish them off, but what am i doing wrong

Sounds to me like a temp issue. Maybe it was 300 at the top of the egg but not at your roasting pan. I also think 300 is low for roasting potatoes.

Best taters ive ever done is I cook them at 450 to 500 for an hour.
The skins turn out awesome and the potatoes are done.

I don't know if it's as much a blasphemy as boiling ribs, but I've done a few grilled potato recipes that called for pre-boiling or blanching the potatoes till they are almost tender when you poke them with a fork.
From there you grill/smoke them till they are done.

That sounds about right for a 350* oven. Crank it up to 450* next time.

I like cooking in the 350* zone for full meal deals on the LBGE. For diced or fingerling potatoes I use a cast iron skillet and coat the spuds with oil and seasonings.

IMG_1599_1.jpg

Back