• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I give...what's a Fatty??

Yes, someone did. A few times, actually. :becky: And that same someone may have the first recorded stuffed fatty on the brethren. But that was after many, many naked fatties.

I never said that stuffing was evil. I just recommend that fatty virgins start with some naked fatties to understand the fatty in it's purest, and original, form. Then you can move on to stuffing and enrobing.

Oh I know. That's why for my first fatties I did two. One pure nekkid fatty bliss (not even any rub) and also one stuffed and bacon wrapped.

Guess which one disappeared first?:-D

Now after cooking naked/virgin fattys, and your first few stuffed ones you will start thinking..."Wonder if I could roll that into a fatty"

As I type, I am doing a "test" fatty on the Smokey Joe. I want to make a couple when I'm camping tomorrow, but don't want to fark around with a big-arse smoker. I've never indirect cooked on a Smokey Joe, so I figured I better experiment at home, so I look absolutely brilliant in front of my friends.

I'm starting to get this Smokey Joe smoking thing figured out. I anticipate fatty goodness in about twenty minutes.

Oh, it is a simple fatty -- a little Cheddar/Jack cheese inside, and my basic rub outside. No wrap.

CD

Dan after spending the weekend between Billy and Dive do they still let give sermons

Okay, this is going crazy...from naked fatties, to fatty virgins, to who know what else...this is starting to make me rethink my sermon for Sunday.

I shouldn't even mention this.... but if you want to go overboard, build a fattie piston. They are fun to play with. :-D

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-fatty-piston.html

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95168

Love that fattie piston. And if you cant find all the stuff for a piston like Cowgirl described, than here is a EMERGENCY FATTIE PISTON I came up with. Scroll down in the post to see the finished FATTIE!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74940&highlight=fattie

Nobody and I mean nobody knows more about naked fatties than Bigdog...

My Smokey Joe fatty got done. I let it rest, and sliced it up, and put some on a bun, and ate it. I was not sure whether it was a success, so I had to make another fatty sandwich, just to be sure I had enough data to come to a conclusion. I did it purely for science. I didn't want to eat a second fatty sandwich, but I had to do it, for science.

I am pretty sure it worked well. But, I need more data. My next purely scientific experiment is to reheat the remaining fatty tomorrow morning, and see how it tastes with some chicken embryos. If it passes that test, I will consider it a success, from a purely scientific point of view.

It is tough job, but somebody has to do it. I hope you all appreciate what I am doing for you.

CD

Okay, this is going crazy...from naked fatties, to fatty virgins, to who know what else...this is starting to make me rethink my sermon for Sunday.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wonder if you're leaning toward a "fatty sermon" or away from it?!?!?!:becky:

Long live the naked fatty!

I, as many have also said, LOVE a stuffed fatty, but more times than not, I will just unwrap, rub and smoke. Pure goodness. Plus, it's just TOO easy.

As the founder of The Society for the Preservation of Fatty Purity, I feel that i have to chime in.

The original concept of the Fatty as introduced by Brother Smokey Pig and then named by Brother Big Dog is a breakfast sausage log unwrapped, rubbed if desired and then smoked. This is the original, and best Fatty.

The concept of stuffing evolved later and adds some interesting variations to the Fatty. The earliest mention I can find on the Brethren of stuffing a fatty is the Fatty Ronello, where a fatty is stuffed with poblano peppers, chorizo and pepper jack cheese. I'm not claiming to have invented the stuffed fatty, but i can't find anything on the forum about it until then.

Later, the Bacon Explosion popularized enrobing a fatty in cured meats. It may have been done before then, but the Bacon Explosion went viral and brought enrobing to everyone's attention.

Ever since the Bacon Explosion went viral a lot of folks seem to think that a Fatty HAS to be stuffed and enrobed in cured meats! I say NO! Let's get back to the roots of the Fatty as our Brothers in Smoke envisioned it! Stuffing and enrobing have their place, but to say that a Fatty has to have stuffing and/or enrobing is to deny our history!

LONG LIVE THE NAKED FATTY!!!

:becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky:

Nice job Ron-O! :clap2::clap2::clap2: Thanks for documenting it. :cool:

I have never found a BBQ rub I didn't like on a fatty.

True that! I generally use all the leftover rub in the bottom of the bus tub that I use for prepping and roll fatties in it. :cool:

Nobody and I mean nobody knows more about naked fatties than Bigdog...

Larry, Larry, Larry. :rolleyes: Now you know why he is in my phone as "Larry the Farker!" :twisted::thumb::cool:

Got all the stuff to make my first fatty.. Gonna stuff it with Green & Red Peppers, Red Onions, Pepper Jack Cheese... Should I cook the Peppers & Onions first??

Thanks for your help..
BR

No sticky. There are too many stickies in Q-Talk. I added it to the Roadmap entry for Fatties.

Correct. We have this wonderful thing called a Roadmap that our dear friend kcquer did for us that many people do not use enough. It is a great resource. Maybe many folks don't know what it is or where to find it.

I personally would not those type of items you dont have to and from my experience I like them uncooked going in. Meat and such you should cook because it will not cook inside

Got all the stuff to make my first fatty.. Gonna stuff it with Green & Red Peppers, Red Onions, Pepper Jack Cheese... Should I cook the Peppers & Onions first??

Thanks for your help..
BR

Maybe we need a sticky to show everyone what the stickies are :)

To the OP, enjoy your fatties. Remember, you must do more than one -and at least one must be naked, or Ronelle will get mad at you...and you DON'T want that. :)

Thanks for your help..
BR

I had wondered the same thing on my first fatty (it had the peppers) and found this post which many agreed to as sound advice. Maybe you should make 2 fatties, one with cooked peppers & onions and the other with raw peppers & onions and report back on which tasted better! :becky:

Back