Supply Lists

Anchors Smokeshop

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm entering my first competition, the battle of the bbq-brethren, and I need to know what supplies are needed. I've already created a list in Excel and categorized by bin, cooler and trailer. If some of the experienced members can post their supply lists and any other tips, that would really help me out.

There are a couple of checklists on the Smoking Guns web site that are a good starting point.

http://www.smokingunsbbq.com/checklist.cfm

I strongly recommend doing a mock competition and setting up in your driveway or backyard and going through the full cook. Take careful notes of every thing that you have to run back into the house for. You won't be able to do that at the real comp.

Also, if you do happen to forget something, chances are that one of your neighbors will have it and will be willing to help.

Don't forget a T.V. and Margharita mixer. :twisted:

Alright, alright...........you got me! Man, that was a mistake! :wink:

Hey, the Hawks were on...............give me a break!

If you're going to bring a TV don't do like we did............bring a big manly LCD!

I'd post my comp list, but first I would have to eliminate the massaging lounge chair! :laugh:

If you want to see my list it's in the thread Competition Site Set-up Advice on the second page. But be very careful............it has taken much flak for being way too big.......but I asked for it!

This is a list of supplies that I put together as a jumping off point. I have since added and removed things as I figured it out. The list you end up with will be personal according to the way you do things and what you like to have on hand.

In no particular order;

Zip ties
Utility knife
Electrical adapters
Water hose
Duct tape
Diagonal Cutters
Tie downs
Rope
Ratchet Straps
Bungee cords
First aid kit