• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Carnival Food" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Carnival Food!"[/size]
394FestsCarnivalFood.jpg

Image from The Daily Page!

...as chosen by ecode and SmokinAussie, the winners of the Roots and/or Chicken Sammich Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/27 through Sunday 6/5.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 6/5.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 6/6 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 6/10. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Buffalo Throwdown until Sunday night 5/29 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the On A Stick Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Uh oh.....here come the fried twinkies! Y'all better double down on the Lipitor this week.

fried_dessert.gif

I'm gonna figure out some way to grill a Snickers bar. Might have to put it in some meat or something.

I'm gonna figure out some way to grill a Snickers bar. Might have to put it in some meat or something.
I got an idea for you Chris, forget the snicker bar, get yourself half of a pecan pie, roll it up into a fattie and smoke it. I bet no sane person has ever thought of that before. :shocked:

I got an idea for you Chris, forget the snicker bar, get yourself half of a pecan pie, roll it up into a fattie and smoke it. I bet no sane person has ever thought of that before. :shocked:
I'm sure no sane person has either. I suppose if I put that on a stick...

Then throw it on down! I haven't been up to getting in on these of late. But, sooner or later, I am gonna come storming back.

Well I guess I will be the first to throwdown on this. So here it is I always love a good batch of nachos when I go to the fair so here is my take on nachos.

Nachos with pork 2 ways. Chopped pork bits with pig candy bits . Enjoy

Spare leftovers all rubbed up
IMG_1261.jpg

Getting chopped up
IMG_1266.jpg

Pig Candy goin down on the grill
IMG_1262.jpg

Finished
IMG_1263.jpg

The finished product and Throwdown pic
IMG_1267.jpg

My wonderful wife and I made a number of things for the carnival. Mainly I stuck with classic good-for-you carnival food. I began my doubling up the stuff on some Oreos (Quadruple Stuff), and coating it with dough.

IMG_7655.jpg

To abide by the rules and to keep things healthy, we cooked these in the Oval.

IMG_7657.jpg

So how good did those Oreos come out?

IMG_7713.jpg

And I know everyone loves Snickers bars.

IMG_7711.jpg

I always do try to get a bit of meat at the carnival, so I did cook up some sausage

IMG_7658.jpg

and wrapped it with candy floss, YUM!

IMG_7709.jpg

Nothing like going to the Carnival to get a balanced meal:

IMG_7714.jpg

It was all delicious.

That pretty well hits all the food groups!!!

You must have been to The State Fair this year. wow.

Back