Moms Cookbooks and Recipe Card Box...

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well its been over a 2 months since mom passed. Dad is going through moms stuff and finds moms recipe card box and cook books. He is giving me them.... I know I am going to scan everything. but really want to do something kewl with to pass down... Any Suggestions?

Why don't you pick out the recipes you remember her fixing that you enjoyed and have them printed and bound into cookbooks for each person you want to hand them down to? A 3-ring binder type of cookbook would not cost much. Put a picture of your family or of your mother on the cover and select a name for the book that would be appropriate and have meaning for your family.

You also might consider cooking your favorites, taking pics of them and then put them up on a family website where present and future family members could see them or even download and print them.

Seems like this would be a great tribute and an idea I might just steal for my Mom's recipes. :biggrin:

Why don't you pick out the recipes you remember her fixing that you enjoyed and have them printed and bound into cookbooks for each person you want to hand them down to? A 3-ring binder type of cookbook would not cost much. Put a picture of your family or of your mother on the cover and select a name for the book that would be appropriate and have meaning for your family.
That's what I did... Took the one I remembered from both my Grandmothers as well as my father's and put them into a book for my daughter...

I'm a big fan of putting things like this up on a website. You can also load the pages onto CDs and pass them out. Another idea is to make a PowerPoint presentation with the recipies, pix of the cooked items, and some of your family members with your Mom.

I'm sure whatever you do will be a wonderful tribute! Let us know what you decide.

May I suggest when you do something with the recipe cards if they are written in her hand writing to keep them that way wether they are legible or not. If they are not legible you can always type them out, but people always like to see other peoples hand written recipes, at least I do. Just my 2 cents.

One Christmas, I told my mom I wanted a cookbook... of recipes she has made (and still makes) for us - in her handwriting, in a journal type book that we (or she) can add to as we want. She seemed touched that I wanted this and its something I'll always cherish.

Back