• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Party!!!!!

kickassbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It's gonna be a Farking Brisket Wednesday. It's 2:00 a.m. and I am getting the Ol' smoker ready for a Brisket. I will be a throwin' the meat to her in about 1 hour. Brisket has been in beer since noon Tuesday and it is rubbed down and warming up a little while the smoker comes up to temp. I love the smell of smoke in the early morning!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!
ed

Wudda thought you'd put on a whole pig in honor of your new Logo thingy:-D

what time is lunch, Will??:oops:

http://usera.imagecave.com/kickassbbq/bbq/

There she is. Soaked in beer all night, slathered with Mustard, added my rub and then sprayed her down with 50-50 mixture of Apple Juice and Jack.
I love they way she smells and looks with that spray on her.
In the smoker at 225. I'll get pics thru the day.
If you are in the White Bear Lake neighborhood tonight, come on over. The frig in the Harley shop is full of beer and soda, and there will be a fire in the fire pit outside and the tunes will be a playin' and the Brisket will be sliced up.
PARTY!!!!!
ed

kickassbbq said:
It's gonna be a Farking Brisket Wednesday. It's 2:00 a.m. and I am getting the Ol' smoker ready for a Brisket. I will be a throwin' the meat to her in about 1 hour. Brisket has been in beer since noon Tuesday and it is rubbed down and warming up a little while the smoker comes up to temp. I love the smell of smoke in the early morning!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!
ed

Cool stuff. Got me hungry!

Question: I have never marinated brisket, period. I especially have never heard of soaking it in beer. What qualities do you achieve with this? Anyone else do a "plain beer" soak.

G$,
I read once that the alcohol helps break down the tissue. Don't know if it is true, but I have been doing it ever since. It does smell nice and it does change the color of the meat like when you brine. All I know is my Briskets almost always come out great.
Smoke On!!!!!
ed

We gotta teach Kickass Ed how to coat a brisket with mustard the Brethren way. Anybody got the photo handy?

tommykendall said:
We gotta teach Kickass Ed how to coat a brisket with mustard the Brethren way. Anybody got the photo handy?

I do recall sumthing bout that.

WTFark do you have on that page, Ed??? My company's Surf Blocker nailed it... access denied!

tommykendall said:

Who could tell? He mighta just covered up his 'message' ........

tommykendall said:

Did a search for that pic the other day and couldn't find it.

Jeff_in_KC said:
WTFark do you have on that page, Ed??? My company's Surf Blocker nailed it... access denied!

Maybe he's posted the flight attendant pictures that we've heard about, but haven't seen. I'm wondering where he got the flame thrower???

Page came through just fine.

I imagine that firewalls are content blocking on the "ass" portion of the URL.

Good looking eats!

TIM

Jeff,

Your company has proably continued to block photo's pending Microsoft Patch install. Came out last Friday so yur IT folks B slow....

Never soaked Brisket in Beer but have country ribs and speare ribs. I have also mixed beer and a tad of white vineger, garlic powder, curry powder, cajun seasoning, liquid smoke, etc and injected in turkey for 24 hours before Frying.....Man gud stuff!!!!:biggrin:

kickassbbq said:
http://usera.imagecave.com/kickassbbq/bbq/

There she is. Soaked in beer all night, slathered with Mustard, added my rub and then sprayed her down with 50-50 mixture of Apple Juice and Jack.
I love they way she smells and looks with that spray on her.
In the smoker at 225. I'll get pics thru the day.
If you are in the White Bear Lake neighborhood tonight, come on over. The frig in the Harley shop is full of beer and soda, and there will be a fire in the fire pit outside and the tunes will be a playin' and the Brisket will be sliced up.
PARTY!!!!!
ed

That's a nice looking piece of meat you have there, Ed! :eek:

It would take me about 8 hours to get there, but I have a buddy in Plymouth and another in Hastings. Could one of them be my designated eater? :wink:

I can't wait for the finished product pictures!

tommykendall said:

Chad, got that back hoe handy?

You don't need mustard to "hold" your rub, thats a wives tale, invented in Texas.

Skip the mustard, your yard will thank you.

Don't use anything, just rub. I love debunking the mustard myth.

The mustard myth? You mean the one perpetuated in IL that says mustard is less than a wonderful tasting condiment. That myth needs debunked, have at it.

Back