• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Potato Nails - Irony

Potatoes on the grill.
u4yga5e5.jpg

This is how I cook taters in the grill.

Just so you know. The taters were put right on the fire line an cooked for an hr. I flipped them at the 1/2 hr mark and after an hr I set them as far away from the heat as a could. Now, we put on the meat, whatever that is , your choice. That photo there was prime rib. Many times when the taters are done I will slice them open and add cheese. I also like to add a large chunk of pecan wood to the fire when I'm cookin the taters. It really add some nice flavor to a tater!!!

I have some aluminum potato baking nails I got at Wal-Mart in the kitchen gadget section about 20 years ago.

Spud Spikes Potato Nails

[FONT=&quot]I saw the Weber nails a few weeks ago online (and yes I had to purchase them) but I'm a big fan of the Spud Spikes stainless steel potato nails. While Spud Spikes are great for potatoes I like to use them while barbequing brats. Not only do they cook faster they stay straight once the spike is removed. That's a plus for me because I prefer a straight brat in the bun. The Web nails made in China were a little on the short and thin side to use with the brats. Spud Spikes being 6 inches long can handle those brats and potatoes with easy. The aluminum nails have issues with leaching. So you can guess what I'll keep using? Look at these brats…

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
531002_278709335582699_1560102658_n.jpg
[/FONT]

My father had those back in the 60's when he would have his bowling team over for grilled Reuben's and baked potatoes.

Sorry, I do believe Biggy's interpretation would work. I can't believe one little nail would/could transmit enough heat to cook the inside of a potato... Somebody work the math!!!! Where's Gore???

Back