May 12, 2010 KCBS Bod agenda posted

I was one of the people pushing for the pod-casts, I guess I did not know what I was actually asking for.:crazy: I was asking so I could be informed about what was going on and all I seem to get now is pissed off after listening to a bunch of adults behave like children. I have not heard last nights Pod-cast yet and I hope it is not more of the same. Hell, after reading all of this I would not be surprised if there was an emergency meeting today to block the release of the pod-cast so we could not hear what actually happened. I have only been a member for 4 years so I am pretty new to this game but I would consider myself a proud member of the KCBS and it hurts a little to hear all of this. I won't claim to know who is right and who is wrong or who is telling the truth and who is not but this needs to stop! In my oppinion we already have our next replacement BOD member. Its Jeff because any way you look at it he got the next highest amount of votes! He has already been voted in by the members. I must admit he is a friend of mine but I would feel the same way if it was not him.

Merl, nobody likes being called a liar. Since you quoted me above your post, the logical assumption is that you are calling me a liar. I am not an attorney, I do not threaten anyone with libel, slander or any other litigiousness. I do have the right to stand up for myself and state that I AM NOT A LIAR! Thank goodness we do have podcasts so that our members can see how board meetings flow, if they have the patience to listen it through. You can spin this and manipulate this however you want to, but the truth will always prevail. The podcast is a live recording.

Merl, I like you and respect you and I'm not lying about that either.

Since you choose to again call me out, and you began this post please affirm or deny the following:

1. That my motion was as posted on the agenda and on this site from February 5. (nothing close to what was passed and probably would have resulted in Jeff being on the board next month.)

2. That you opposed my motion.
3. That you made suggestions to the board that ultimately lead to the the policy of the board for replacement of board members.
4. That you voted yes for the current policy.
5. That I voted no.

Awaiting your frank response, since you want to debate this issue here and not in the board room where it should be discussed.

Thank you
Merl

Moderater: Again I cannot let this go. I will not allow my integrety to not be defended when false accusations are being made. If I need to be banned, then so be it. But I will respond when questioned.

I was one of the people pushing for the pod-casts, I guess I did not know what I was actually asking for.:crazy: I was asking so I could be informed about what was going on and all I seem to get now is pissed off after listening to a bunch of adults behave like children. I have not heard last nights Pod-cast yet and I hope it is not more of the same. Hell, after reading all of this I would not be surprised if there was an emergency meeting today to block the release of the pod-cast so we could not hear what actually happened. I have only been a member for 4 years so I am pretty new to this game but I would consider myself a proud member of the KCBS and it hurts a little to hear all of this. I won't claim to know who is right and who is wrong or who is telling the truth and who is not but this needs to stop! In my oppinion we already have our next replacement BOD member. Its Jeff because any way you look at it he got the next highest amount of votes! He has already been voted in by the members. I must admit he is a friend of mine but I would feel the same way if it was not him.

Well said Shane I have to agree!

I do not care to respond here about this any further. I hope you have a great day!

For the record, it seems I have inadvertently stirred up some ch*t and I don't much care for all the misunderstanding that is going on. As a board member, I have no knowledge of any other board member being asked to resign. This is not true, this did not happen, put it away.

Just to be crystal clear, are you saying that Linda was NOT asked to resign or that if she was you weren't aware of it?

Eric

Man and I thought it was just money, charcoal, wood, and meat!

To quote what Jerry Mullane said to me "it just BBQ don't let it get you upset, have a good time!"...well Jerry it may just be BBQ but without you and Linda it just won't be the same. All this has made my mood and tummy very upset! The Mullanes' were a wonderful addition to our BBQ world and it just won't be the same without them!!!:Cry:

Should anyone be interested in coming on the air to get their point across I would be happy to make time for those individuals...this way no one can argue with what was written or otherwise. Not looking for a Jerry Springer deal just an impartial forum for their takes.

At this point, I'm asking myself what I'm getting for $35/yr. in dues. I don't KNOW why Linda chose to resign. At this point, I don't care if I ever KNOW.

What I do KNOW is that I'm sick and tired of the bickering, accusations, and whispering of half the story with a spin attached. Personally I think Jeff Stith should be happier than a pig in slop to not be tossed into what has become some sort of blood sport. I'm not referring to any member(s) in particular, but the board as a whole. For it to have come to this point should be an embarrassment to anyone involved. As a member, it embarrasses the hell out of me.

I can vote with my wallet, and with my ballot. My membership is good through Feb. of 2011, so that leaves the ballot. I've had it watching 8 yr. olds fighting over a pail in the sandbox. During the next election, I WILL NOT cast a vote for any candidate that has served on the board within the last 4-5 years. While that may sacrifice some experience, I'm willing to take that risk. I want some fresh ideas, members willing to serve that don't have a truckload of grudges, etc...

Well, since I'm stuck at home after surgery I decided to actually sit through the complete podcast. (Oh, the memories:boxing:). It's good to take time off after you've been on the BOD awhile and then go listen to a meeting again. It was quite obvious why the BOD doesn't progress as well as it could. With that being said:

:clap2:I stand up and applaude Candy Weaver for standing up for the small contests and mainly the COOKERS!! Yoo Hoo. You made me proud to listen to what you had to say about this organization and it's cookers. And thank you, Mike Budai, for standing right behind her.

And very glad to hear what Mike McCloud had to say. Ed Roith said it well when he told Mike what great progress his company has given to KCBS. Well done.:thumb:

And thank you, Linda Mullane, for all of your dedication. I know how much time you put into it.

Bunny

Jorge in 2011

<Sometime, somewhere, somehow... I'm going to regret this post.>

My membership is good through Feb. of 2011, so that leaves the ballot. I've had it watching 8 yr. olds fighting over a pail in the sandbox. During the next election, I WILL NOT cast a vote for any candidate that has served on the board within the last 4-5 years.

Mine expires about the same time.

I have been doing this for the last 7 years, has not made much of a difference yet. Maybe if more folks like yourself, a person I have never met, but have come to respect due to private messages through this board will speak up, it can be accomplished.

Guys, please don't give up on our organization. Remember, it is OUR organization. When you give up on it, it is no longer ours. During my campaign, I continually pointed out that the in-fighting and bickering HAS to stop! In addition to that, what has to be put to an end are the bad attitudes, the self-serving agendas and the "axe to grind" personalities. That won't happen until we have REAL term limits. When a problem arises, how does it help us to have the problem person sit out one term then re-run for a seat? The problem keeps on coming back. My belief is we extend to three terms of three years each and that's IT. Done. Forever. No running again in the future! We as competitors operate under a spirit of cooperation and helping our fellow competitors. So why do we continue to look away while some of the leaders of the very same organization act completely opposite and AGAINST the very reason the organization was founded?

Back