BBQ Brethren "National Burger Month" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

MOINK Chili Cheese Burger

I 've been sitting around wondering what to cook for the latest Throwdown and the light finally came on. Please accept this as my official entry into the "National Burger Month" Throwdown.

Thawed out a little smoked chukie that I had left over from the Big Farkin Buritto contest.

Seasoned it up with some Chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, Dried red chili pepper flakes, cummin, salt and black pepper. Added some black beans and little red beans too.

Took out some ground Tri-Tip and ground Pork sausage.

Branded a Onion Roll for effect.

[

Miked all the chili ingredients and prepped it for the smoker.

Mixed up the Tri-Tip, sausage, Worcestshire, garlic, onion, red onion, salt pepper, and Fennel seeds with some Cayenne and Franks Red Hot Sauce.

Shapped up the burger

Reverse seared with the chili smokin in the Kamado till the IT reached 110. Removed the plate setter and set up the grill for direct heat while toasting the bun and some asparagus for the wife's dinner.

Things were lookin good so it was time for a little Jalapeno Jack Cheese

Time to start plating and added some sliced Jalapeno.

Topped it off with the Chucky Chili and Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you....My MOINK Chili Cheese Burger.

Please use this as my Official Polling Shot

This was the placemat.

Thanks for lookin. Try a Throwdown today!

Awesome looking burgers right here!!

This will likely be my first throwdown...hopefully I can bring it like ya'll did!

Awesome HT!

But every time you put beans into Chili, you have to apologise to Texas!:wink:

Well, not necessarily. A lot of people here put beans in their chili, including me. I've heard for years that Texans don't put beans in chili, but it doesn't seem to be a universal rule, as far as I've seen. I've NEVER had one single person turn down a bowl of my chili because it had beans in it.

CD

Well, not necessarily. A lot of people here put beans in their chili, including me. I've heard for years that Texans don't put beans in chili, but it doesn't seem to be a universal rule, as far as I've seen. I've NEVER had one single person turn down a bowl of my chili because it had beans in it.

CD

Ahem..., would anyone care to notice my can of Wolf Chili that boasts "Authentic Texas Recipe" and, in big letters, "With Beans?" Can someone explain that?

Back