View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #8
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
That's about 32 cents per foot. So. it's a bit cheaper than foil. Sounds like a good deal. But, keep looking for a local source that will save you shipping costs.
Uh, price check on isle 9.... 1000' for $31 is just a hair over 3 cents a foot. At 32 cents a foot the roll would be $320.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireburd View Post
Ok I'm ready to give the foil a break and try the paper. Before I end up with a ton of paper that I can't use I want to make sure this is what people are using and if not where are you guys getting it from?

http://www.pospaper.com/18pbp.html
I looked at that link, and when I pressed "add to cart" to see if they had any specials, a line appeared that said "product not orderable", I guess that means it's not in stock.

Because there are many choices,..... un-coated, sizing added, natural, red, white, etc., I'd call whoever and confirm. White will be easier to find locally, but lets face it..... real barbecuists use the red. And it has tons of uses, from laying out on the counter when you are prepping food or cleaning fish...., to using for absorbing grease off things like fried fish or chicken, to baking in, to wrapping meats for resting, to serving on..... and so on.

Here is the difference between coated deli wrap (or steak wrap) and the plain red paper, the coating is on one side only. And usually the plain is heavier.... I think mine is called 40# paper.

The plain red absorbs grease and liquid over time, but once it becomes saturated,.... it will hold liquids.... but you will always get bleed through. So be prepared for that. I like the 24" wide as you have less seams when wrapping things like ribs or brisket.... and 24" is the width of most kitchen counters, and I lay out a sheet to make clean-up easier. I'm not the neatest guy in the kitchen.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote