Yup, I oak-smoke a chunk o' beef @ 225F for three hours or so, then "wrap in ceramic" not foil ... braise in the crock pot till it is FOTB.

Well... Remember, years ago I put out the "night train brisket" which had a primary goal of showing feel and potential of the meat before you go and try it with real equipment.

the other day I needed to do some trigg ribs. Once the smoke was done... After the wrap... Guess where the ribs went?... Then of course they were set on the pit again.

I wish to also point out that a week later I tried it on my PBC and burned the **** out of them .... What is the variable? No heat shield. But what got me back on track the quickest is in my mind... I still knew I COULD get there cuz I did with the big lie. I could more quickly modify knowing that too. By the way.... I read somewhere that triggs glaze sets with just the heat in the foil and not put back in. I can't seem to do that.

I'm going to try this when I've finished building my smoker soon!

Great post...I mean if you wrap it's just time and temp no smoke in the equation anymore. I really like the throwing apps or ribs on the smoker for the guests. I have done butts and briskets and when the guests arrive YES they are somewhat disappointed a smoker is not rolling as the meat is being held. :thumb:

Hadn't seen this one before Steve, great post! The more big meats I cook, the less exciting staying up all night and tending them gets. This is a fantastic repeatable method that more people should utilize.

I enjoyed this thank you for resurrecting it.
I wish more of these older threads would get resurrected they're hard to find because they're so buried

I didn't realize that was an old post at first. Great Post though! I Like your plan and may use some of that. Hot to set the bark and slow to sleep and long hold for tender. Excellent!!

A blast from the past. I feel its relevant with some of the brisket talk going on these days. I learned a lot from old threads back, maybe someone new can take something away from this one.

Oh and I haven't used a homemade rub in years

An oldie but a goodie! I believe that is about the time they started calling you Stove Ninja!

I enjoyed this thank you for resurrecting it.
I wish more of these older threads would get resurrected they're hard to find because they're so buried

I poured through hundreds of old threads before I ever even joined this site. read the entire kcquers road map including this lengthy brisket post

https://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119798&postcount=8

back in the day it seemed more common for folks to bump up older threads. it seemed like bigabytes brisket tutorial was a mainstay on the first page for years.

I just dont seem to want to do big cook threads these days but can always relive my glory days by sharing what I've done with new members.

I poured through hundreds of old threads before I ever even joined this site. read the entire kcquers road map including this lengthy brisket post

https://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119798&postcount=8

back in the day it seemed more common for folks to bump up older threads. it seemed like bigabytes brisket tutorial was a mainstay on the first page for years.

I just dont seem to want to do big cook threads these days but can always relive my glory days by sharing what I've done with new members.

Absolutely I've learned some fantastic methods from old post. From your method to blue dohs to smokyoakies. I always like reading different methods is fun to change things up at least for me experimenting is what keeps me motivated

I'll tell you what I've been at this for a while I obviously always feel like you're learning different techniques and methods but I pretty much just read majority of the roadmap threads that you posted and I've learned a lot of valuable information that no book or anything you pay for would have taught you. So much valuable information from a magnitude of years and years of experience combined with all the people.

Very interesting stuff one thing I also found very interesting was how the majority were cooking hot and fast before it even really became a thing and how many actually are following that technique when asked on a poll. I also found a very interesting gone a lot of these methods and studies you've seen on books or famous YouTube channels are actually information that were provided on here many years before.

Thanks for posting the links in getting me to read through

Back