Smoked Rib Eye Steaks

peculiarmike

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Picked up two Black Canyon Beef choice rib eye steaks, 1' thick. Fired up the ol' Geezer ECB with 1/2 pan of Best Choice lump and 3 chunks of hickory, filled the water pan. I lightly sprinkled one side of the steaks with Pit Boss rub and let them sit out to come to room temp. while firing the ECB. Placed the steaks on the lower grill rub side down and lightly sprinkled the top side with more Pit Boss. Inserted the probe of my Grill Alert Talking Remote Thermometer horizontally in the edge of one of the steaks and pushed the tip to the center of the steak. Set the Grill Alert for medium rare, 135°. I put three chubs of Frick's balogna (baloney down where I come from) on the top grill, put the cover on and let it smoke.
When the Grill Alert told me "Your entree is done" I pulled the baloney and steaks off and put two JD fattys on since there was plenty fire left.
I fired up the gas grill (GASP!) side of my Char-Griller Duo on high heat and put the steaks on for 3 minutes per side to sear a bit and give grill marks.
Folks, those were the absolute BEST steaks I have prepared in a long time! They were juicy, cooked perfectly medium rare. The hickory smoke flavor mixed with the flavor from passing over the hot grill was super!
Served them up with a couple of my smoked potatoes and a nice salad.
I WILL do this again!

Attachments

• General Stuff (Small).jpg
    General Stuff (Small).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 192
Need more data......Please to send appropriately sized samples to me for additional comments.

Looks great!

I've tried that as well, and you are correct sir!

I must complain, though. Seeing those two beauties on my screen this early in the day is gonna hurt me bad...

That scraping noise you hear is my chair sliding up to your table. Don't be alarmed I will leave you some.:biggrin: Just kidding, great looking food:icon_bigsmil

Works great with real thick filet mignon steaks also.
Don't know why it is not done more.

Cheers,

Back