• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big Green Egg Chicken and Waffles

Oldyote

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As everyone knows the first step in making BGE chicken and waffles is to unfreeze your BGE. This must be the 5th time for me this winter that never ends.

Next get yourself some chicken

And some waffles

Don't forget the maple gravy.

Have to admit I've never made this before but it turned out pretty good all the same. The waffle recipe we used made nice fluffy waffles but for this I think a bit more crunch would have been better. The simple maple gravy was great and the chicken turned out better than it should have given the fact that I started out trying for a "healthy" baked on the grate chicken and had to switch over to a cast iron pan with some butter. Oh well I don't think Soul Food is supposed to be healthy. But it is good for your soul.

Thanks for looking.

I have got to try that one of these days. It looks incredible, but sadly I have never tasted the concoction. Yours looks farking great!

I always thought that was a weird combo, but looking at it here, it does look pretty good.

That looks great. You beat me to the Chicken & Waffles idea.

Looks almost as good as the Brown Sugar Kitchen in Oakland! Great Job!

Wow - I had to look that place up. I think I could live in the Brown Sugar Kitchen for a few days.

I always thought that was a weird combo, but looking at it here, it does look pretty good.

As well have I but ever since we bought the waffle maker I've been itching to give it a try. I've actually found myself craving chicken and waffles all day.

That looks great. You beat me to the Chicken & Waffles idea.

Sorry about that. I think we we should have a chicken and waffles throwdown. Thinking about it today the options are endless.

Move over, Roscoe's!

Another place I had to look up. I'll take a #1 please.

Back