40% vending fee - would you do it?

My over head at a vending event it around 50% if I do the numbers expected. So unless there are two digits before the comma with the first one being at least a 2 or 3 in your gross sales, heck no. That is a huge waste of time IMO.

usually those tracks have LOTs of food vendors... I would expect exclusivity on the items on your menu, and for 40% do they offer any type of guarantee? Esp if they charge a vending fee.

the vendors at our track that I know, always b!tch about how they are getting screwed, but they always seem to go back for more. So the money is good enough they put up with the crap. I wouldnt give up 40%. that's just me.

it your going to pay 40% i would like to know are thay going to have all the power you will need or will you need a gen? will you have accsess to water? and what is the attendence # ? i work off the 10% # if there is 10000 there i will feed about 1000. something about this does not seem right.i have to go with bubba on this one i would pass,,, and are thay doing tickets or are thay checking your Z at the end of the day... now there is a paper trail... bad but this is just my opinion

Just received the information packet in the mail from the food concession manager at this racetrack. Just glancing through all their rules and regulations my first repsonse is NO WAY!!! The area supervisor for our part of the track will come in and inventory all of our product first thing in the morning and we have to note spoilage and staff meals throughout the day. Spoilage must be verified by the area supervisor. We cannot bring in more product during the day unless our area supervisor adds it to our inventory sheet. The area supervisor will come into our booth during the day and do a check on everything. The staff must wear khaki pants, white shirts and black hats. (White shirts and BBQ!? We have black polo or t-shirts for our staff with our business name on them) If the staff are not dressed properly they will bring them the shirt or hat and charge us for them. All tables inside and outside the booth must have table covers that cover top and legs of the table. We cannot close the booth at the end of the day until the area supervisor says we can and then they will inventory our product at the end of the day, etc, etc. And then there are issues like the management of the change/bank funds, etc.

I have no problem at all following the rules and regulations of venues where we do work, like Laguna Seca racetrack, or the California International Airshow. But this place is very restrictive AND they charge an arm and a leg.

Thanks for all your great input folks. This event/venue is definitely a PASS for us!

40%, to me, is in the blood sucking range. Your hard work, sweat and tears and then giving them 40%!

Back