• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

25lb brisket!!!

That sucker is so big it does not even look like a brisket :-D

With all that marbling, it should cook up wonderful!!!!

TIM

Not to try to be negative but, hope they slaughtered it fast. My neighbor (not an expert like a vet or anything) was telling me about a bull that got loose and they had to shoot it many times to kill it. The local packing house said they would grind it up into hamburger because the stress of the animal would taint the meat.

Hope this is not the case and yours turns out great. Let us know.

What you say is true if he had broken a leg or something because of the adrenline released in the system. But if it was just a nerve thing, and they let him calm down a few days, it would prolly be ok. Can't wait to see the finished product. I did see a packer at 23lbs at HEB the other day. But I already had too many in the freezer.

Ive been around a lot of bulls working on farms and my dads ranch.

Aint never seen an 1800 pound bull except for the ones at the county fairs.

My grandpa used to truck those monsters to the packing plant when he owned a trucking company and told me they were basically bolonga bulls. Their meat was too tough to cook properly.
This whas when I was a little chit about 45 yrs ago.
Way before I knew anything about low and slow.
Good Luck on this monster brisket. Will it fit on your pit?

Come on already!!! Or is that bad boy still cooking?

Geeze! Where is it? Do we need to have Shane send Wyatt over to finish this thing up?

actually the bull went over to neighbor farm he was breeding a cow another bull knock him off and when he fell it cause some kind of nerve injury and they had to slaughter him, He died happy I suppose. That the truth and im sticking ti it.

Ive been around a lot of bulls working on farms and my dads ranch.

Aint never seen an 1800 pound bull except for the ones at the county fairs.

My grandpa used to truck those monsters to the packing plant when he owned a trucking company and told me they were basically bolonga bulls. Their meat was too tough to cook properly.
This whas when I was a little chit about 45 yrs ago.
Way before I knew anything about low and slow.
Good Luck on this monster brisket. Will it fit on your pit?

Well, that's why steers are so good to have around.....The keep their mind on grass instead of a$$ :mrgreen:

Come on already!!! Or is that bad boy still cooking?

It'll probably still be cooking until NEXT Fourth of July...:twisted: I'm guessing it'll be a 36 hour smoke @ 225...any takers?

I can't wait to see it when it's finished. That looks good.

What's the over/under for a finish time on that monster! Wow!

I think it got done, he ate and fell asleep!:mad:
Where's the pron?:twisted::mrgreen:

it took 14 hours to cook i cut flat off then cut point in 2pieces it was fall apart tender had had a good taste for a grass feed animal but my friend said he had been eating lot of grain. He let it hang for 30 days dress out 1300 said it had 18" ribeyes. But it had very little fat in it I wrap and baste it after 8 hr. sorry about pic it was a busy day

:eek::eek::eek: NO PICS...didn't happen! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Back