I give you my version of Turkey Noodle Soup

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I searched the web for a good Turkey Noodle recipe but none were exactly what I was looking for so this is a combination of three different recipes I got off of YouTube.
I start out by making some turkey stock. Here are most of the ingredients:

2 tbsp. of OO
½ large onion cut in 1/8th.
2 sprigs of Oregano (from my garden)
6 sprigs of Thyme (from my garden)
4 Bay leaves
2 carrots (chopped)
2 celery stalks (chopped)
1 tbsp. of pepper corns
2 tbsp. of salt
Turkey carcass with wings, neck, heart & gizzards
8 cups of chicken stock
8 cups of cool water
2 tbsp. of catsup

Put the OO in your stock pot and heat it up. Throw in all your dry ingredients and let them simmer for 5 minutes. Now put in the turkey and cover with the chicken stock & water and add the catsup. Bring to a rolling boil and then reduce the heat and let simmer for 2 ½ hours. Then turn off the heat and let cool. Now stain the liquid out and recover any usable meat to add later.

Here is what it looks like after the 2 ½ hours.

Now to make the soup. Here are the ingredients:

2 tbsp. of butter
1 large onion cut in ½ and each half in 1/8th.
3 cups carrots (chopped)
3 cups of celery (chopped)
1 tbsp. of ground pepper
1 tbsp. of ground sea salt
1 tsp. of dried Sage
1 tsp. of dried thyme
1 10.5 oz. can of Cream of Chicken soup
16 oz. package of noodles (I used egg noodles)
3 lbs of pulled and cut up turkey meat

Melt the butter in your soup pot. Throw in all your veggies and let them simmer for 5 minutes. Now put in the turkey stock and spices and bring to a rolling boil and then reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes. Now bring the heat back up and bring to a rolling boil. Add the Cream of Chicken and stir and let cook for 3 minutes. Now add the noodles and let cook for 9 minutes. And now add the turkey meat. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes and you’re done.

Here it is in a bowl.

Money shot.

woot.gif

Making my list for the grocery store now...great idea and looks fantastic, I can almost taste it now!

Back