cold smoker out of big wooden box

midwestsmokeboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
As the title says that's my intention. It stands about 5' tall 3' wide and I have to put hinges on the door. Planning on using dowls for racks and hanging. My question is about venting. Can I just put in a piece of pipe like I did with the UDS. advice in getting enough air and venting would be appreciated. I am going to use AMZEN smoker pellet tray. Thanks for your help in advance.

I built mine with 2 sliding vents in the door, one low and one high. I use a smoke generator for it. I also put a large plexiglass window in the door so I can see what's going on inside. Works great.

Build a firebox on the outside with cement building blocks against the box on one side and vent the back into the wooden structure. If you have an overhang on the roof, drill some 2 inch holes under the overhang for exhaust. Make sure the firebox is long enough that the fire is not too close to the wooden wall to catch it on fire. Smoke away and enjoy your own smoked bacon!

Blessings,
Omar

If using the A-Maze-N smoker you just need air in and out

Use a brick or cinder block to set the A-Maze-n on

I got a couple of floor heat registures from home depot for inlet and outlet. Plenty of air and easy damper control

Back