Is it a good idea carry extra insurance on BBQ Stuff?

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm not asking for any particulars just if you think it's a good idea. Over the last few years, I'm thinking it might be a good idea. I've read over the years about storms and theft and such Folks have posted.

I'd think that unless you have a really expensive rig that most stuff would be covered under a standard homeowners or renters insurance policy.

I have a friend, who years ago lost his BBQ trailer at a football tailgate... he went into the game and when he came out, someone had hitched up his rig and drove off!

I have a friend, who years ago lost his BBQ trailer at a football tailgate... he went into the game and when he came out, someone had hitched up his rig and drove off!

Yes, I can see where a towable BBQ rig would be at risk just like a towable Bass rig or anyother boat. Folks have a separate policy for their boats at least around here. I wonder if it's offered for towable BBQ rigs.

Disclaimer. I'm not and insurance salesman! :razz:

In Michigan where I live......My equipment is covered on my property.
If I tow my pit to my sons house and gets stolen It is not covered.
I have a separate policy on my big mobile Klose pit. Couple hundred dollars a year and I am good to go. I too am not an insurance agent.
I would call your local agent and talk to them.

Good idea. I do not have a towable rig but can see it for the stuff on my property. Everytime I talk with my agent it ends up casting me more money. Thought I would ask here first.

Yes, I can see where a towable BBQ rig would be at risk just like a towable Bass rig or anyother boat. Folks have a separate policy for their boats at least around here. I wonder if it's offered for towable BBQ rigs.

Disclaimer. I'm not and insurance salesman! :razz:

With an avatar like that, you could sell me anything :twisted:

If you have the basics, I think your homeowners would cover. Mine does. But, if I had a cooker worth several thousand dollars, I would get a rider. If it was mobile, I would definitely get a theft rider, as you never know.

Have you looked into umbrella policies for your home? I don't know if it covers bbq gear better than a rider though.

Back