Contest Results 8/3-4, Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Manorville, NY

"Dirty Dick & Dr. BBQ" will be cooking. can't wait!
Aside from wanting to see a bunch of old friends, I need to cook a contest this year to keep my streak alive of at least one a year going back to the 80's!

Dirty Dicks Legless Wonders...NEBS Hall of Fame ...Dirty Dick a.k.a. Richard Westhaver.... and Dr. BBQ!! a.k.a. Ray Lampe.... Awesome!!!

Keep your streak alive in great company... Dirty Dick and the BBQ Brethren!!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I want to let everyone know that we will have a cigar vendor this year at The Maples. He has also said that any teams that would like to pre-order a full box of cigars he will give a 10% discount too. If you have any other questions you can call Flame Fine Cigar & Smoking Lounge and ask for Joe, 631-928-3060. Make sure to tell him that you will be competing at the contest.

Folks, Cut-n-que is Kyle.. he has been helping me to get alot of stuff done that would have been impossible with my new job. Consider one of our organizer also and if you have questions, problems or need anything, you cant contact him OR me.

Bummer but we will have to miss it this year. My busted ankle is still recovering and there is no way that I can contribute to the workload enough to not break my wonderful wife's back!

We hope to see everyone Sunday.

We would like to thank Artisan Books and Chef Edward Lee (of Top Chef fame) for their generous support of the 7th Annual Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

We appreciate their donation of copies of Chef Lee's new book Smoke & Pickles, Recipes and Stories from a New Southern Kitchen.

JacketSMOKEANDPICKLES_zpsfcd5f5cc.jpg

Eric

Stephan from Simply Marvelous Rubs and Fred from Tasty Licks BBQ have been kind enough to donate some of their excellent products to the event.

The support of the BBQ community is greatly appreciated by the organizers of the event. We'd like to publicly thank them for their generosity.

Eric

Food Drive

There will be a food drive at the event for an adjunct of Island Harvest.

We have worked with these folks extensively and they do a great job.

If you were so inclined as to let your guests know that a few cans of food would be appreciated or if you have any leftovers from your turn-ins, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric

Is anyone available Friday or Monday after work to help out at the venue for a few hours. We need a few hands and backs moving some stuff and getting things ready? PM me please..

BTW.. PRIZE POOL IS GETTING VERY CLOSE TO $10,000 FOR BBQ.

We can use a few more grilling teams if anyone want a shot at a big ass trophy and cash prize..

Is anyone available Friday or Monday after work to help out at the venue for a few hours. We need a few hands and backs moving some stuff and getting things ready? PM me please..

BTW.. PRIZE POOL IS GETTING VERY CLOSE TO $10,000 FOR BBQ.

We can use a few more grilling teams if anyone want a shot at a big ass trophy and cash prize..

I need to amend my entry to include grilling. I should be available Monday after work to help with the cleanup.

PM sent.

I assume that you mean Friday 07/26.

Sorry for confusion.. We need some help tomorrow or Monday after work to move some stuff around.. 4-5 guys and we can be done in about an hour.

BUT... Since Mike mentioned it... The monday after the contest there is a TON of stuff that has to be moved back to storage and takes me a few trips.. if anyone available then to it would be awesome. But immediate need is to get venue ready tomorrow or Monday.

We would like to thank Artisan Publishing and Brethren Adam Perry Lang for their kind donation of Adam's book Charred and Scruffed.

CharredScruffed_zpscc65c838.jpg

Eric

I will be down there at 5. We have to move and setup some fencing. Move some materials that are in our spots, get a small concession out of the shed(its buried behind stuff).

Back