If a guy had

Beast Drinker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A pound of killer bulk homemade breakfast sausage from his old team mate's grocery store back home. How long would he cook it in the WSM when he cooks his baby backs tommorrow to obtain a proper fatty? I can't get this stuff regularly and the discovery of the brethren and the fatty has me curious as to how to do it right this is some quality sausage I do not want to fark it up. I got room for it, how do you do it, sausage, cheese, smoke? or is there more to it?

Use your trusty instant read thermometer and smoke it to 165 degrees (I think)

165 sounds right. I just put some of my favorite rub on then put it on the smoker.

Yeah, 165 (at least). I honestly prefer letting mine go a little longer now, but that is personal preference. Something about more fat rendering, and a bit crispier on the outside. I don't take temp anymore on them (unless they are real thick from overstuffing) I go by sight mostly now. I would definitely recommend doing by temp starting out and adjusting if you want from there.

Thanks guys. If I can figure out a way nobody sees me taking pics of my food, I'll try and post some. But judging from what some of the brethren call "bad" I am not so sure. We'll see how it goes LOL.

Thanks guys. If I can figure out a way nobody sees me taking pics of my food, I'll try and post some. But judging from what some of the brethren call "bad" I am not so sure. We'll see how it goes LOL.

Stand up proud and take those pictures. Your family and friends will only look at you strange the first couple of times you do it. We, however, will make your life miserable for a long time if you don't post pictures.

Stand up proud and take those pictures. Your family and friends will only look at you strange the first couple of times you do it. We, however, will make your life miserable for a long time if you don't post pictures.

LMAO!!! That statement is so true. My wife stills wonders why I take pics of the food :grin:

Mike

LOL I'll see what I can do. I've had problems with imageshack and photo bucket working before though.

I really appreciate that link from bbqbull After about the first 3 posts I realized that it would be plain jacked up to do too much to it. We're talking about premium homemade sausage, hell I don't put anything but a very little bit of mustard and onion on their kielbasa..... That's what I'm doing. shape her up and smoke it.

So true...so true! :twisted:

Now my wife looks at me funny when I DON'T take pics...go figure...:rolleyes:

hmm note to self next time I guess I'll use that handy road map thread. That bugger has a guide to most of my questions. I'll save bandwidth for important stuff.

This board really has a lot of stuff on it. I like.

thanks,

Jake

Ignore those folks that would stare funny at you, if you do a great job, you oughta be proud, if you fark it up, then how can we help you fix it in the future.

As for the fatty, if it is real good sausage, give it a very light dusting, if at all. I take my mother rub and add dry mustard to it and it makes a nice pork rub.

i would move!!!!:eek::eek:

I got a big azz cooler that I pack full of meat from their store every time I go home, maybe once a year. It's just an old school small town neighborhood grocery store, the kind that don't exist around here. It don't matter how busy they are they'll cut whatever you want to your specs oh and they are not expensive either. I am down to the last pack of breakfast sausage and last pack of Kielbasa. Still got some koegels viennas and pickled bologna, not made at their store but I buy that stuff from them too.

The fatty is going in neket.

Back