Japanese Inspired BBQ Plate (Pr0n)

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I cooked today for a Throwdown and thought I'd push myself to try something different and went with a Japanese inspired plate.

Started with these ingredients (some non-Japenese ingredients snuck in there):
IMG_1176.jpg

I found some old posts by Landarc with recipes for a teriyaki marinade and glaze and combined them with a book recipe and one off the internet. I whipped up the teriyaki marinade and a glaze and put a couple of St. Louis spares into the marinade for a few hours and then put them on the Egg.
IMG_1180.jpg

After a few hours of applying a teriyaki glaze every 35-45 minutes, they were tender and ready to pull off:
IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

As the ribs rested, I fired up the Mini Egg for searing and thought I'd try using the flap off of the back of the spares for a little Yakitori style grilling(rubbed with SM Season All & Spicy Apple - Not exactly japanese but I'd already applied the rub before I thought to skewer them):
IMG_1210.jpg

The I seared a thin cut teriyaki rib eye steak:
IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Then stuck a 2 quart dutch oven with hot oil onto the Mini and fried up some tempura veggies:
IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

Assembled a combo plate in the form of a bento box:
IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

Dinner was good! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
holy smokes that looks spectacular, I think you hit it out of the park and over the street.

HELL YES!!!

This made me smile tho for some reason!
IMG_1239.jpg

Great post! :clap:
Cheers

Man oh man, that is some good lookung grub. Teriyaki pork ribs is a childhood favorite.

:grin: Everything looks fantastic John!! I hope you won the throwdown!!

Now THAT'S how you throw down brother. That combo's gonna be tough to beat!

Sent using tapatalk

Fantastic looking food and a beautiful presentation! The glaze on those ribs is a thing a beauty. :thumb:

Man oh man, that is some good lookung grub. Teriyaki pork ribs is a childhood favorite.

Thanks Bob for sharing your family teriyaki recipes in the past! They were definitely an influence on what I put together.

Wow, I made Phrasty smile with a veggie pic! :heh:

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Back