Happy 4th of July from Saudi Arabia

BChawg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
All,

Thought I would take a moment and wish all of you and your Families a happy Fourth of July. I have been in Saudi for a few weeks now and it's kind of like working a Hot Pit in August, or better phrased like having a hot blow dryer in your face all the time. I think I am the only KCBS BBQ nut in these parts -- The troops have fashioned a smoker from Scrap and are excited to use it now that I am here. As you can imagine the "Chow Hall" get's a bit mundane at times--but those folks to a great job for what they have to work with. I of course have enjoyed the no cooking/no dishes/no set up/no tear down gig. I just recieved the KCBS 25th Anniversary edition cookbook from home and was happy to see alot of familiar names and faces in the book. Alot of the recipes are simplistic and will work well in austere locations. I will miss competing while I am away, but will try my best to live vicarioulsy through you. My work email is brian.clark@evab.afcent.af.mil feel free to post some worthy pictures here or sent me some to my email from the trail. I will gladly pass along to the our fellow men and women here in the zone.

All the Best!

Major Brian F Clark
Clark Kent Super Smokers BBQ Team

1 smoker built from the Scrap Pile!

Thank You

As I pack the trailer to head to this weekends comp, I thank you for making this possible by your unselfish commitment to our country. Without people like you serving in that He77 Hole things could a whole that different. Please Know that the Sunday Morning Jack Shot this weekend at The I Love New York BBQ Championship being held in Lake Placid NY will be dedicated to you and your fellow servicemen. I ask that all other brethren across the country who may be at a comp do the same thing.

Happy July 4th, God Bless and Godspeed !!!

Thanks Pigmaker23---We'll have one when I get back as well.

Don't forget to fly those flags! Good luck at the competition!

Brian, I just want to say thank you from the Navy side. Been out for years but never want to forget those that continue to hold our flag high.

I'm doing a pig for the 4th and I promise you that we'll raise a toast to all that continue to hold our truths for all to see. I'll send some picks out to you cause I have a feeling that pork is running short where you are.

Keep the flag high and your head down.

Caveman--good to hear from you--tried to look you up in Little Rock, but you were asleep in the trailer. You doing the Cattleman's again this year?

BC

Divemaster,

You are correct on the pork! I used to live in Aurora, IL (Wayne's World) and would drive over to the Navy Marine Base and take the kids to the beach. That my friend was some cold water even in July/August--but nothing for you Navy types. A couple of my teammates live in Chicagoland. One in Batavia and the other in Lamont, IL. You know we are all on the same team in the big scheme of things. Thanks for your Service as well!

BC

Thank you for holding our independence in your hands this Independence Day!

Jeff

Like many others I too wish to thank you and all the other men and women serving in the military may god bless all of you and keep you safe.

So we can enjoy Independence day back home safe sound

Brian, all I can say is thank you, so much, for doing the work that it takes to allow me, my family and my country to do what we want. I too will raise a glass to you and all the folks doing the heavy lifting.

Thank you for what you are doing. You will alwys be welcome in my camp at contests.

I've had the privlige of doing a cook for a marine unti at Greal Lakes and a Field Artillery unit at Ft Custer MI and it totally amazes me how all the people thank us for our effort when we're just trying to say thinks for what you do.

Although I was born and raised in Canada I am proud to say I'm an American and very proud of all the men and women serving their country.

Thanks for serving our country and keeping us safe. Have a great 4th.

I know how you feel about the heat, I lived in Kuwait for 13 months selling groceries. How high isthe temp getting 120f / 50c?

My arabic is a little rusty so, Humdila. Not sure if this is spelled correct.

Happy Fourth of July from Batavia, Brian! Parsley Lady and I would like to thank you for your service!

We cook as Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que and would love to meet you or any of your teammates when you are back in this area.

Thanks for your service Brian and the rest of the soldiers.
Hope you have a great 4th of July celebration also.

Thanks for your service! We too will be hoisting a toast to those who defend our freedoms! I'm also ex-Navy (submarine service) but have been out for a long time. But I appreciate those who do it now more than ever since everyone doing it is there of their own free will!

You're also welcome at our site at any comp we do as well!
We're also neighbors (Woodridge). I hope you find some acceptable way to celebrate the holiday your service helps us keep!

Happy 4th right back at ya Brian...stay safe brother smoker and thank you for your service! :thumb:
JD

Hey Brian, hope your accomadations are as nice as they looked in the brochure!
You missed another middle of the pack finish at Lenexa. So we made up for the poor showing with jello shots.

Happy 4th and God Spede brother.

Last edited:
A happy 4th to you as well.thank you for your service and sacrifice

Back