Contest Announcment American Royal - Judging Applications available

bbq.tom

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hillsborough, NC (UNC "TarHeel" country!)
Yesterday evening the judging applications for the 2012 American Royal Invitational and Open became available on their website.

My wife and I signed up.

Just thought some other judges would like to know.

I signed up. I did find it a little strange that they require a donation before they will accept your judging application.

Thanks for the heads up! Yeah...it does seem odd that a donation was required when it specifically states that there's no fee for certified judges. I don't mind making a donation at all, but it does seem weird.

There have been calls in to the KCBS office about this. Being the Judges' Advocate for the BoD, this was brought to my attention earlier this morning and I'm trying to get some answers/solutions to it.

Right now all that I can say is that KCBS is only the sanctioning body for the contest and we are looking onto it. The organizer is the one that is responsible for everything on their web page, including the part about the donations.

I'll keep you posted when I find out more information. In this case only I am answering as a Board Member and Judges' Advocate.

Tried to sign up for the invitational but it is full already. Guess I'll just have to win a GC and cook it. keith

I tried to sign up for the Invite and its full so I was going to table capt. all the evnets but it would let me without a donation either. I guess I'm not judging this year.

Back