BBQ competition meat "carrier"

kfw1523

Found some matches.
Reaction score
What does everyone use to carry their meat to the judges tent? Where can they be purchased?

I'm not sure but a pizza delivery bag would probably work. Check with local restaurant supply or on the net.

Here you go...

[ame]http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.38525683[/ame]

And it helps the forum a little.

I never used a carrier, and don't think most people do anyways. the food is going to stay the same temp anyways, except during a winter Q I suppose.

I actually think it gives more chance that you might drop/ mess up the lid with sauce, break a tab/top on the box doing that, and I have seen it happen.

I have an insulated cold food bag a grocery chain was giving away that I dragged along in the trailer for a couple years and never used. Seen others using Pizza bags.

We don't ordinarily use one, unless conditions are extreme.

And please, people, don't stand at the entry table, blocking everyone else while you slowly and reverently unwrap your precious as if it were the Star of Kashmir while your team member takes multiple photos. At least do it to one side so I can drop my box and get back to work.

Never used a carrier except when I was running boxes for someone else and they had one.

What I don't get about this bag is that it is a vertical carrier. Who in their right mind would carry their turn in in a vertical carrier??????

Ummm... Lay it horizontally, slide the box in, and carry it horizontally?

We use one that was made for us but typically only if it is raining, windy or cold.

Like many have stated it's really not needed unless the situation is extreme..I'd be more concerned about getting my meat in the box hot and turning it in..our box 90% of the time hits the turn in table within 1-3 min after I close it sometimes it's less than a minute depending how close the tent is..plus my son moves quick.

Back