• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Robot "meats" St Louis via RD

BruceKWHP

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just had to check out RD on the way home today.... $1.79 for these spares...

122f8ug.jpg

Take 'em to St Louis, peel membrane, rub 'em down while Robot gets up to temp....

24cclkg.jpg

Place them onto Robot's grille while jack the mutt does the happy dance

2vim1ok.jpg

Now, what to do with the several pounds of trimmings in the ziplock I'll call "east st. louis" ?? In the freezer for now... this is enuf meat for the weekend..... on the UDS at 5:25.... more pron to follow

That was the only "barley pop" in the fridge.... after the ribs went on robot I headed to the store for supplies.... a sampler 12 pack from Widmer Brothers is now in stock... I am enjoying a "Broken Halo IPA" from it now.

And it friggin rained just as I went on my beer run... Hello! this is California in July... I was worried about H2o pellets getting down the smokestack and causing a temp drop.... it did cool the drum some, some fiddling with the intakes got her back up to 230 in no time.

I just flipped the ribs 1 1/2 hours in.... smells heavenly, some pullback but not floppy yet.

Wow! Never woulda expected rain. Nothin the UDS couldn't handle. I gotta say Sierra nevAdas torpedo ale extra IPA, is one of my favorites, and its a healthy 7%

Now I'll be expecting some finished pron soon!

Now I'll be expected some finished pron soon!

Two of my "judges" could not wait past the 3 hour mark, as it was 8:30 here so the first rack came off. they spent the last 30 minutes with a mixture of fresh garlic, KCM, soy and habanero sauce to finish.

352otwg.jpg

Not much smoke ring but gone in a few minutes with many compliments:

2nj8ww3.jpg

I waited another hour to pull the last two racks... nobody was hungry by then, but the cook had one for a taste test!

2s1p3rm.jpg

I loved it! nice and tender with good flavor from the "finish sauce" on the 2nd rack... the 3rd rack went the full 4 hours with rub alone just in case.

The only thing I wish was that I had not used the Pappy's seasoning... too salty. I was blaming the Swift brining on the salty taste... it's pappy.

Back