Seriously?????

Mr. Bo

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My local Safeway, who haven't had a brisket in the five years I've been here, had these last Sunday. At that price they probably still have them...

Attachments

• IMG_20130512_105824_537.jpg
    IMG_20130512_105824_537.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 405
That's what they go for in Safeway around here. RD has better prices, though. :mrgreen:

Go in there on May 31 and make them an offer to take that "old" meat off their hands. For you it will be nicely "wet aged". When we lived in towns that had Safeway stores they were always way over priced. I guess they were targeting the Yuppies or some such of upity group of people. Never understood how they stayed in business....

I never expect to see any brisket in there so I always go to the meat market in a neighboring town for mine. Plus I rarely buy a flat. Guess that's why it seemed so high to me.

It is Giant Eagle high... for a flat it is high... I paid 2.49 at GFS when I heard of the HEB .99/lb. But that was full packer price. I had to trim myself. Full packer at my butcher is 3.50 a pound. Just a pure flat at 5.70/lb is high, not oh my god high but high. (Organic Grass fed black angus packer prices running 9-10/lb last I have heard.)

There is a County Market here in the boonies that prices their brisket like that. Funny thing is, that slot of the meat case is always packed full. :-?

that's the average price for brisket ANYWHERE down here in tucson. safeway, walmart , fry's, bashas , you name it. $4.99 -$5.99 a lb is standard

Beef in general is just high. Unless I just want sliced brisket I will now buy a chuckie and save my money. Pork is no where near as high as beef and I'm not made out of money. So I do more pork than beef right now.

Beef in general is just high. Unless I just want sliced brisket I will now buy a chuckie and save my money. Pork is no where near as high as beef and I'm not made out of money. So I do more pork than beef right now.

around me chuck is usually higher or the same as a packer briskey.

that's the average price for brisket ANYWHERE down here in tucson. safeway, walmart , fry's, bashas , you name it. $4.99 -$5.99 a lb is standard

Is that for a packer or a flat?? The Douglas meat market was $2.59 for a packer two weeks ago when I bought four.

Back