• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Block Leave, What to cook?

Stacks

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi all,
It's been almost 5 months since I've posted anything. Have barely had time to feed my addiction to reading all of the great posts here. I've been doing some Army training (over 4 months and counting) in preparation for a trip to beautiful Afghaniland and we're almost done! Uncle Sammy is letting us go on leave at the end of this month for a week and of course I'll break out either the WSM or UDS (If only to make my over consumption of beer seem legit) to cook up some goodies.
The problem I'm facing is what to cook? Brisket, Pulled pork, and Ribs seem to be the usual fare and will definately make it to the smoker, but I'm looking for something the family will remember while I'm gone overseas. The wife doesn't do seafood or game so those options are out.
Stuffed tenderloin? Prime Rib roast? Reverse sear rib eye? Ideas and recepies are welcome.
Thanks all.

first and foremost, THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM!!!

How about a nice chuckie? they are always great

or maybe a meatloaf?

or both?

Thank you for your service. Meal doesn't matter your family will be remembering YOU while your gone. Cook what you do best and embrace all around you.

Oh and by the way the bbq where they are gonna remember what you served is the one you cook when you are safe back at home. God speed

Wen ever you cook, fill the cooker. Brisket, some ribs, and a pork butt maybe. Add a standing rib roast to the mix. Portion out and freeze the left overs, so your family can enjoy them and think about you each time they eat it.
I will join the others in thanking you for your service. Godspeed and a quick, safe, return home.

Oh and by the way the bbq where they are gonna remember what you served is the one you cook when you are safe back at home. God speed

I like this quote very much!!
I thank you for your service, what you are doing for me, my family and our futures. God's Speed it is!!

I say cook what YOU like best. The family will remember it because YOU cooked it. Remember to have someone take pictures of you while you're cooking, too. Proud of you for going. Come back safe, soldier. :hug:

I applaud your service and wish I could pour that beer in a an ice cold mug for ya. Cook some prime rib and ABT's

Just Smoke up all your Favourite stuff & party like Rock Star until you puke & pass out then wake up & do it again. Thank you!!!!!! Ya'll are in my prayers everyday. Please introduce those bastages to a Whole Bunch of virgins for me:heh:

Back