Pulled Pork with Bastard Sauce (Pron)

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Here YA Go

Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont Sauce

This is a thinner sauce really meant for pulled pork.
- an outstanding recipe by professional chef "Chez" John Eddy of Topeka, KS. Somewhat similar to Blues Hog Tennessee Red in some ways

Ingredients

1 qt Cider Vinegar
12 oz Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
⅓ Cup packed Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tbsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Celery Seed
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tbsp Chipotle Powder
1 tsp Dry Mustard
1 Tbsp Onion Powder

Directions

Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool, and bottle. Great with Carolina style pulled pork BBQ.

I ended up doubling the Sweet Baby Rays- 24 oz. I like it. :loco:

That sound awful good.
Gotta tell ya though....I'm not a sauce guy. I don't even offer it as an option in my place.
If somebody asks for it, then I'll get them some, but reluctantly.....
But this recipe looks like something I'd like to give a shot.

I'll be tweaking it greatly though. Of course. :wink:

It's my go-to pork sauce! Right after we were talking about it, I made up a batch as well. So good!

I love the sound of the sauce recipe. My favorite sauce for pulled anything is Tennessee Red. How does this sauce compare in flavor to the BHTR sauce?

this is the only one I have tried besides Scotts and Georges. I usually just use Sweet Baby Rays thinned a little.

That is the only sauce I make to go along with Pulled Pork. All of the family members complain about the vinegar smell in the house but love the taste.

That's some good lookin grub smitty. I also like thinner vinegar sauce. Nothin wrong with a little doctoring job on sauce, sweet baby rays seems like it would make a great base for a project like that.

Back