Camping, Hobo Stew, and CI DO cooking Pron..

Nice pics Bob.
You obviously made that young mans day. His DO or yours? I've been looking for one of them on CL. Just haven't gotten it yet.
Nice lloking family shot at the end to. Beautiful family you got.

Nice pics Bob.
You obviously made that young mans day. His DO or yours? I've been looking for one of them on CL. Just haven't gotten it yet.
Nice lloking family shot at the end to. Beautiful family you got.

Thanks again everyone! I got my two DO's at Harbor Freight about 4 years ago. They have been great. They are 6 quart, 12 inch pots and have never let me down and hold heat really good. I'm gonna get him a DO of his own real soon. Once again, thanks!!

Bob

Thanks everyone. It was truly a great time. I'll be creating a new album in my profile page with more pics later tonight. My two kids are camping fools..........they love it. They even get depressed when we hafta come back.:cry:
Don't let them start texting or it the joy will fade. Don't ask me how i know. Looks like another great family adventure. Bob Your one of the few who buys an RV and actuallly uses it. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics Bob!! Making memories you and the kids will never forget. Growing up fast aren't they???

Paul

Great pics of great family times, Bob!
Hey...do you participate in the "Take a Brethren Camping" charity?:wink:
Take care!
-scott

Don't let them start texting or it the joy will fade. Don't ask me how i know. Looks like another great family adventure. Bob Your one of the few who buys an RV and actuallly uses it. Thanks for sharing.
I only wish we could use it 24/7. Even when it's parked next to the driveway we camp out in it. Gotta love the refrigerated air!!:wink:(Swamp Cooler Mod)

Great pics Bob!! Making memories you and the kids will never forget. Growing up fast aren't they???

Paul
That's why we invested in the "Memory Maker" as we call it. Might as well do it now while we can and the kids can enjoy it with us. Before we know it Mom and Dad won't be cool to hang around with and they will have their own lives. We are a family of camping fools I guess.:-D

Great pics of great family times, Bob!
Hey...do you participate in the "Take a Brethren Camping" charity?:wink:
Take care!
-scott
Most definitely! The next outting will be up to Ft. Davis State Park in TX for Labor Day weekend if the good Lord allows it.

Looks great, and does that come with a recipe? Sure would like to make me some of that.

Fun, Fun, Fun

Looks like you had a good time and great eats, does that chili come with a recipe? Sure would like to make me some of that. Sorry double billing, my post did not show so sent another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you had a good time and great eats, does that chili come with a recipe? Sure would like to make me some of that. Sorry double billing, my post did not show so sent another.

Sorry bout the late response. Well, to be honest there is no set recipe. Every batch of Hobo stew is always different. Basically, you just find whatever you have in the freezer, fridge, cupboards and create something with it all. I always start with some fat, either bacon or chorizo. I use the fat from these to then brown whatever meat I use. I tend to go with ground meat, chicky breasts, but you can use anything. From there all the browned meat goes into the pot and then come in the liquids. Most times some mater sauce, and then if I use canned beans, veggies, etc, I toss them in with all the juice and everything. Then I go to the spices, herbs, and thin it out with more liquid like stock, beer, wine, it's really up to you and your tastes. Hope this helps, Brother.

Back