View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #33
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Bob, in the reading I've been doing, they say that even when the vinegar comes from either the Modena or the Reggio Emilia regions of Italy, they are not necessarily the authentic traditional artisan balsamic vinegar made from the reduction of pressed Trebbiano and Lambrusco grapes, consortium-sealed, and protected by both the Italian Denominazione di origine protetta and the European Union's Protected Designation of Origin.

But as I said, I don't believe my palate to be delicate enough to appreciate a $400 bottle of Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena or Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Reggio Emilia to make it worth the expense. So using a commerical grade or condimento grade would be more than adequate for my purposes.

I had wanted to choose a white balsamic for the appetizer I was making. It was what had been recommended to me by the site from which I got the better part of my menu, and I find my tastes do closely match those posted there previously. As to the age of the balsamic, I'll probably take Bucc's suggestion, and try it both ways. I think that's the only way I'll truly learn which way my tastes lean.

Thanks, everyone, for all your suggestions. I'm learning a lot in this thread.
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote