View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

This could be the case, I had a pit that no matter what therm I put on it, it read incredibly low. But once again, anyone who IS cooking their Brisket cooked at truly 200 degrees is making dried out Q. Maybe if they wrap it in foil most of the way or have an EXTREMELY tight pit bordering on a vacuum chamber. Furthermore, for the cooking part (not ring set) zilch happens to brisket under 212.... zilch, (well over a god damn long time maybe something will) and I can count of three hands the restaurants I have advised that did not heed my warning and have since gone out of business because for "timing issues" they chose to smoke at 215, 212, 200.

I have also seen my share of people on this forum and others that have tried the Night Train Experiment (especially those north of the belt) who come to a realization that their palette was the victim of local inexperience.

The tone you notice was one of a guy who knows what the common pitfalls are of people who think they know how to make Q. And, we have all, everyone in this forum, have served our share of crap to those who would never complain.

Nothing at all personal. If I sound like an ******* then add "good judge of people" to your list of skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyinsd View Post
none taken, but your tone was noted.

maybe my thermo is off but f thhave used this several times and i have not experienced a dry piece of meat yet. i have had both exceptional bbq, and crap that i wouldnt feed my dog so i think i have a pretty good idea about whats good or not. or maybe its a pallet thing, but like i said i have not had any complaints registered too date.

i am cooking on a cheap offset that tends to burn fast and hot so keeping the temps down are often a challenge, maybe i have been running hotter than my target more often than i thought. i now have an et-73 so we will see how this differs from the pit thermo temp.